cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immigration and Deferred Activation Fee

N/A

I will be immigrating to the USA in April 2007 and am closing all my bank accounts and monthly payments and so will need to cancel my account with PN. This is not my choice but unless they can provide me with the same service in America I have no choice. As this is the case, do I qualify not to have to pay the deferred activation charge as I still want the service but they will not be able to supply it to me in my area? Can someone help me find out what
I can do about this deferred Activation charge?
6 REPLIES
James
Grafter

You have to pay it.

These are charges that we incurred by taking you on as a customer. We have no control over the fact that you are leaving the country. We supply service over a BT Telephone line and you will not be continuing service on a BT line.
N/A

No.

The deferred fee's are just that - fee's which were due to be paid by you upon connection to the service, but which you took the option of postponing payment of.
Plusnet kindly reduce the fee's by 20% for each full year you remain with them, but the fee's remain valid whatever the reasons for your migration/cease.

PS - part of the contract you signed is that you have a BT line to have ADSL activated on. Its your choice to move somewhere which is incapable of having a BT line installed, so why should PN waive the money you owe them?
N/A

So what do I now need to do so that I can get my account closed and all fees paid and 30 days notice given so that my
connection will end at the end of March 2007 and that is when they take the last payment?
James
Grafter

You would just need to raise a ticket requesting cancellation on that date. State that you are aware of fees owed and it should be processed relatively quickly.
N/A

Sorry, how do I raise a ticket, can you give me a link that I can click or let me know what the steps are?

thanks in advance.
James
Grafter

Sure, if you goto http://help.plus.net

- Select Customer Services and Billing
- Select Account Management
- Select Cancel my Product
- Select I want to cancel my Broadband
- Select I am moving abroad or to an area that cannot get broadband