cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imap email can't connect

N/A

Imap email can't connect

Hi,

Anyone else having problems with email using imap at the moment?

I use kmail at home and get a connection broken error Sad and when trying to access through webmail get a 'Username/Password match not found, please try again.' Cry .

I know my password/username is correct! Any help from Plusnet would be appreciated here as the ticket I put in say's I may need to wait 14+ hrs for a response.

Thanks

John
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Imap email can't connect

just checked it and imap is working fine for me. What error d oyou get when you try to connect?
N/A

Imap email can't connect

Hi,

I get 'The connection to the server IMAP Account was unexpectedly closed or timed out. It will be re-established automatically if possible.' from kmail. It had been running fine for about 6/7 hours checking every 10mins and nothing was changed. The portal just throws me back to the login page with the error message 'Username/Password match not found, please try again.'

So I would guess it's a plusnet problem.

John Smiley
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Imap email can't connect

Hi,

I've just posted a service status update about this:

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1156776869.htm

and we've raised this to our network engineers to investigate. Further updates will be made to status as soon as we have more information.
N/A

Imap email can't connect

Hi,

Been 5hrs now without e-mail.

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Thanks

John
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Imap email can't connect

I don't have an eta yet, will update status as soon as I do. In the meantime POP3 should still work fine to collect new email.
N/A

Imap email can't connect

Hi,

I would use pop3 but:

1) using my email client this would mean downloading rather a lot of email.

2) Tried using pop3 on webmail but I can only view my inbox not other folders also inbox only shows mail dated prior to 28/07/06 (Roughly when I changed to imap).

John
boavon
Grafter

not all gone again I hope!!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but it all looks very dodgy to me - hope this time you kept backups!
N/A

not all gone again I hope!!!

You don't mean............ Cry
csogilvie
Grafter

Imap email can't connect

With POP3, I see the first message in my inbox - and that's all.
N/A

Imap email can't connect

I can still access all my emails in my inbox that were sent up until yesterday (using webmail and pop3 on my Force9 account). But there has been nothing new in there since yesterday and as they get spammed everyday that does seem strange.

Cheers,

Lee
N/A

Imap email can't connect

Hi,

Can log in now and retrieve mail. However I definitely have mail outstanding, some sent as long as 12hrs ago. Is this going to be another week of seriously delayed mail? Can someone from Plusnet let me know if this will be fixed today or should I look at moving my email account (and then prehaps my ISP) to a more reliable one.

John
Highlighted
N/A

Imap email can't connect

To add to the my previous comment. I've just tried downloading mail and am unable to login either with my mail client or webmail again :x .

Anyone else getting login problems again?

John
N/A

Imap email can't connect

I can't login via webmail (pop3)

And the portal seems to be slowing down too.

'ere we go again! Evil