cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im off (Again)

N/A

Im off (Again)

Well,

I came back to plusnet after a few months away, just been upgraded to Maxdsl as well.

Well Im off due to slow support, long delays on the phones and my speeds up and down like a rabbits a$$ on drugs.

Received my MAC and Im off to http://www.evolutiondsl.net

Have requested to move my account to a Pay As You Go so that I can keep my emails active (If they allow that).

Anyway, have fun guys and see ya around.
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Im off (Again)

Never heard of them

Have you read any reviews? How do you know you are not doing a firepan/fire thing?
N/A

Im off (Again)

I like their T&C's...

9. The Customer's Use of The Service

9.1 The Customer must NOT use the Service:

Yeah ok.. so i missed out 9.1.1 but it still made me laugh. Tongue
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Im off (Again)

Am I missing something, or do they not have a contact number? (and I wish someone would tell them why flash and frames are not a good choice for an alledged professional ISP).
N/A

Im off (Again)

Frames are not a part of the original HTML specifications and so tend to be frowned upon by HTML purists. Also frames tend make search engine indexing harder and if you do enter via a search engine you may not get all the frames etc and so miss part of the menu - though abit of inteligent use of Javascript to redo the frameset if its not present can get rid of that problem.

Flash (personally) I don't like on websites unless if offers something that can't be done in HTML/dynamic html. Again flash content provided indexing problems.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Im off (Again)

I've nothing against frames in general - but when they only appear to have been used to seperate a flash object, then it's a tad stupid and unnecessary (thats what tables are for dammit!).
N/A

Im off (Again)

They got a nice business package, thanks for the heads up Wink
N/A

Im off (Again)

Steven, I owe you an appology... I misread your post about frames/flash as being why aren't they a good idea rather than you agreeing with me that they can be flawed Wink

Doh!
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Im off (Again)

Rofl, no worries Wink
sym
Dabbler

Im off (Again)

Tables ? No way man - straight out of the 90s - you want to use a css to format your divs !

Tongue
N/A

Im off (Again)

Or better still use XML, XSD and a xml stylesheet to define your pages and layout Wink
sym
Dabbler

Im off (Again)

good call !
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Im off (Again)

CSS formatting?, no thanks. For anything other than fonts/borders etc, CSS is a waste of my time - I can do the same stuff using bog standard HTML code in around 10% of the time it takes to do it in CSS (and I don't wysiwyg either!) - and debugging HTML is far easier too.

As an addendum, not all of us are fans of the CSS fixation that alot of the newcomers to web dev seem to have

http://www.rantsandraves.co.uk/rant14.html

Guess I'm too "old fashioned" Wink
N/A

Im off (Again)

Thread topic has diversed a we bit guys.

Read a few comments regarding evolutiondsl.net and yes Im off to there business package.

Comments can be found below:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php?t=20805&highlight=evolutiondsl

Laters
N/A

Im off (Again)

Well my migration to evolutiondsl.net is now complete.

I have requested that my account to changed to a pay as you go so that I dont loose the use of my emails.

Laters