cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im connected at last

N/A

Im connected at last

Just thought I'd thank PlusNet for all their help in getting my connection up and running within the 10 days stated.
Despite a few teathing probs which was totally down to my hardware I'm very pleased, the speed of ADSL is quite dramatic compared to a normal 56k modem.
Should anyone be intrested I got my modem from PC World, it is made by Zoom and installing it took about 2 mins. It is great value for money because you get 2 microfilters with it the price was £80.00 all in.
If you are about to get ADSL make sure you get the correct hardware, I was sold a ADSL Router which I was told would do the job what they didn't say was I would need A LAN card as well. It can be very frusrating trying to get something to work when your told it should, and of course it never will.
I bought a microfilter from Maplin Electronics which also turned out to be faulty, but they look at you as if to say "yeh right mate are you positive you've installed it correctly", clearly I was because I've had no problems with the new one.
Why are these supposed in house tech gurus such muppets.
Anyway thanks again to PlusNet and a thankyou to a bloke named Steve who helped me out in the forums.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Im connected at last

> Just thought I'd thank PlusNet for all their help in getting my connection up and running within the 10 days stated.
> Despite a few teathing probs which was totally down to my hardware I'm very pleased, the speed of ADSL is quite dramatic compared to a normal 56k modem.
> Should anyone be intrested I got my modem from PC World, it is made by Zoom and installing it took about 2 mins. It is great value for money because you get 2 microfilters with it the price was £80.00 all in.
> If you are about to get ADSL make sure you get the correct hardware, I was sold a ADSL Router which I was told would do the job what they didn't say was I would need A LAN card as well. It can be very frusrating trying to get something to work when your told it should, and of course it never will.
> I bought a microfilter from Maplin Electronics which also turned out to be faulty, but they look at you as if to say "yeh right mate are you positive you've installed it correctly", clearly I was because I've had no problems with the new one.
> Why are these supposed in house tech gurus such muppets.
> Anyway thanks again to PlusNet and a thankyou to a bloke named Steve who helped me out in the forums.

Hi,

Glad to know you are connecting ok now. Just let us know if you have any futher problems.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Anyway thanks again to PlusNet and a thankyou to a bloke named Steve who helped me out in the forums.

You're welcome. My pleased that I was of help. I'm happy that your ADSL is finally working.

Steve

N/A

Oops, finger trouble! I meant to say:-

You're welcome. I'm pleased that I was of help.

I'm happy that your ADSL is finally working.

Steve