cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im back

Community Veteran

Im back

Just a quick note to let people know it looks like Ill be one of the fold again shortly - although I dont know as I actually left.

My experience outside of Plusnet regarding support and service was a bitter pill indeed. Migrated onto a different product to that advertised, no access to email, what apeared to be a one man band support, and no usage meter on a metered product to name a few items.

My advice to anyone considering migration is to do your research thoroughly, and then do some more.

I have over the last few days experienced fantastic customer support from Plusnet, and if this is any indication of where they aim to be in 2007 (concentrating on customer focus etc), then I shall most certainly not be asking for another MAC any time soon.

The customer experience I have received recently has been incredible. Ive even taken the liberty of writing to Mr Strafford about it. Anyone who knows my history here should know that I call a spade a spade, and Ive been quick enough to shout when things have not appeared correct, so please dont consider my post above as "fanboy" or whatever the term is, Its just an honest reflection on recent events to me.

I became disheartened too quickly with PN, and left on a whim. That whim is now leaving me with over £50 to recover from another provider for, in my opinion, misseling me a product, and wishing I'd nevr left in the first place.

Maybe I was just unlucky (there's a surprise) but it was enough to convince me that I wanted to be back here sharpish.
10 REPLIES
Firejack
Grafter

Im back

Welcome back Wink

Out of interest. What ISP did you experience such poor levels of service with?

In the last few weeks Plus.net have really gone up the ISP rankings in my opinions Ok still not happy about the traffic management. You only need to look at other ISPs to find out none of those have it much better. Zen introduced a cap on their products. AOL introduced a FUP this week. Newnet has raised prices by a huge amount. So it would seem every ISP has problems except without the excellent service we get from the Comms Teams here.
Community Veteran

Im back

Welcome back chesterfield. Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Im back

Welcome back Smiley

Not really had to use support, so I can't comment on that - however I think the staff on here do a great job.

My other ISP doesn't even have boards I can 'vent' on, how pants is that? Although they did write to me about a pending LLU transfer (note PlusNet: They actually snail-mailed me and provided an opt-out in the first place), and of course I opted out of that.

I think they're using Tiscali, but don't really know since they don't seem to disclose it. I know I always seem to be complaining, but do commend the more open attitude to things here.
Community Veteran

Im back

The ISP I elected was EFH, by some coincidence, I completed the migration request the day that they were purchased by 186k. I would have thought that they would have left the status quo in place while they formulated a propper plan to integrate the efh customers into a 186 network.

They didnt appear to do that though. I was migrated accross to some sort of halfway house, on a 186k product by the looks of it, with access to the 186k control panel, but that wouldnt let me set up any of the items I wanted to (like email for example) without extra cost, so I had signed up on a page full of EFH adverts, and efh product specifications, but then been provided with conectivity via 186k and nothing else.

It was as though I had fallen betwen the cracks of the two.

My friend is with EFH, and gets a very good service, but by the looks of it 186k are on their way to annoying a lot of EFH customers by their actions. They have a history of buying failed or failing IPS's, but this seems like the first time they have bought one that is not faling. (small but not failing). Changing a failing ISP is one thing, but changing one where the customers are happy is going to result in unhappy faces. Some on the forums (very quiet) are looking at my experience as an indicator or how the takeover is going to affect service.

Anyway, I dont think this is the place to discuss their offerings, I just thought I would let people know my experience of migration.
Community Veteran

Im back

Chesterfield,

I hope that what you have written will serve as a "Gypsies Warning" to others who are thinking about leaving.

It's not been a bed of roses by any means these last few months, but I do believe that PN are on the right track to bringing it back to how it used to be.
Some might not share that view with me, but hey, can't please them all!

Anyway, welcome back Smiley

Best regards,
Roger.
Liam
Grafter

Im back

Welcome back.... glad to see you!
James
Grafter

Im back

Chesterfield's story is something that would be quite amusing if it, well, wasn't.

Maybe we can tell it some time Smiley
Community Veteran

Im back

I dont mind telling it some time - the last remaining chapter is the refund of monies paid so far, a chapter currently being written.

Thanks for all your help James, it is much appreciated, and Id have certainly torn more hair out if it wasnt for your assistance! lol.
N/A

Im back

Now your back, get a decent car ! :lol:
Midville
Grafter

Im back

Welcome back, did you ever leave...... Cheesy

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Duplicate post removed.