cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignored Tickets/Disappearing Tickets - Help!

N/A

Hi All,

I have raised 2 seperate tickets with PlusNet in the past 6 weeks to opt-in for a 8mb upgrade. Everytime I have used the link in the Help & Support section labelled "Upgrade to 8mb", each time a ticket has been created but each time the ticket is closed with no response from plusnet and no sign of my upgrade to 8mb!

1st ticket: 20853331
2nd ticket: 21017221

Can anyone from plusnet tell me why my tickets are being closed without a response and why I am not being upgraded to 8mb!

Thanks

Carol
18 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi Carol,

Whenever you raise a ticket via that link, they are closed on a daily basis and added to a list of people waiting for an upgrade. The fact that they are closed is expected.

I will go and manually place your order now and it should complete on Monday.
James
Grafter

You're actually already on Max, but we hadn't amended your profile appropriately. I've done this now and you should see faster speeds following a reboot.
N/A

Another ignored ticket on an important issue from a NEW customer. Ticket no: 21007417

Hi, as you should be able to see this account has been migrated from BT broadband 512kbit. This was previously working perfectly for over a year.

Since the migration (after which the line is showing a speed of 2mbit) the adsl modem will not connect for more than a few seconds at a time and then drops the line and re-trains in a continuous loop. This has been tested with another usb modem, plus a router.

The router shows line stats of: SNR 12.5 and line attenuation 50.5 which is out of the minimum spec for a 2mb line. The modems were tested in the master socket using a BT filter and no other equipment plugged in.

I would suggest that the line speed increase from 512 to 2mb is the most likely cause since nothing else has changed since the migration.

I am raising this fault from another pc/connection because the online fault checker is unusable.

Regards,
James
Grafter

Replied.
N/A

Replied.

Thanks, good reply skipping all the usual suggestions from cs.

If that had happened automatically through the ticket system (as it should) I would be telling everyone how great pn's support was Smiley
James
Grafter

Heh Smiley

Realistically speaking, we should probably go down the usual route of reporting it to BT, but given your attenuation figures, it would strongly suggest that that's where the problem lies.
James
Grafter

Order placed, should complete on Monday.
N/A

Heh Smiley

Realistically speaking, we should probably go down the usual route of reporting it to BT, but given your attenuation figures, it would strongly suggest that that's where the problem lies.

Does the downstream attenuation limit the downstream speed? I thought it was only used as a guide and for Max it is the SNR that determine the downstream.

My figures are downsteam attenuation 55.4dB and SNR 18dB so what is my speed? A peanut for the correct answer :lol:
James
Grafter

It's not even a case of guidelines, it's a case of hard limits. If the downstreasm attenuation of above 43dB then BT should not have placed an order on 2mbps, which suggests their records were incorrect.
N/A

I thought that for IPStream BT used a hard attenuation figure but not for Max. So what is my speed for an attenuation of 55.4dB.
James
Grafter

We're talking about fixed rate here and not Max.
N/A

Yes I know, but there is no logic why BT use a hard figure for IPStream but not for Max. Especially as the hardware used in the exchange is the same.
James
Grafter

It's perfectly logical imho. Max is a rate adaptive service, whereas fixed rate is fixed rate and offers no variance in sync speed.
N/A

I believe that BT used the attenuation as these figures are known for most lines. They then took a standard model to determine SNR for given attenuations. This then give BT maximum speeds for given attenuations. But SNR is dependent on a lot of local factors so a poor attenuation figure does not always mean that you will have poor speeds. Hence BT's approach with Max which concentrated on the SNR and not the attenuation.

I am on IPStream2000 with an attenuation of 55.4dB and SNR of 18.4dB with very little problems.