cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If the +net supplied router is faulty....

N/A

Do they replace FOC or is there a charge for returning it?

Just asking as I have the Voyager 205 which appears to overheat and then rapid fall A over T within a period of anything from 20-30 mins. Leaving it to cool down and switch back on again then clears the problem for yep.....another 20 or 30 mins.

Anyone else experienced this problem with these units and were they replaced?

Its only really become a concern for me since I started using the unit in place of my reliable yingtongtiddleeyepo router as the "dial"interface on my IPCop firewall box.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

How long have you had the kit. If it is still in warranty then the supplier is bound to get it replaced for you, subject to the terms of your warranty and normal consumer rights. Whilst it may be part of a "Free" offer, you are still paying for it under the you stay we pay scheme.

If they're playing the game straight, you shouldnt be charged for postage. Smiley
N/A

Sadly it's a known issue with these otherwise brilliant boxes. Some owners have "modded" theirs by installing cut -to-size northbridge or MOSFET/BGA heatsinks. I myself just tightly fixed mine to an outward facing wall and use the wall as the biggest heatsink ever, with excellent results. I have, in moments of utter boredom, thought about installing a very small fan and leaching off its own power supply to see if that'll work. But by the time I've scrounged around for a suitable fan I've usually been side-tracked into doing something else more important.

If you haven't already done so, go to the link below to get the full potential from your brilliant wee box.
http://corz.org/comms/hardware/router/bt.voyager.205_router.how-to.php?page=1
N/A

Had a problem with mine too which seemd to be the ethernet connection.
PN tried EVERYTHING before accepting there was a problem (They insisted I try to get mine to work via USB - which defeated the object of getting an ethernet router so I refused completely) but once the decision was made I got a nice new router within 2 days. Came with a prepaid bag to return the old one to BT so didn't cost me a penny.
New one works fine, but I always have to switch it on and off twice before it actually connects :?
N/A

Some owners have "modded" theirs

Only problem here is you will probably find such "modding" invalidates your warranty.
N/A

Had a problem with mine too which seemd to be the ethernet connection.
PN tried EVERYTHING before accepting there was a problem (They insisted I try to get mine to work via USB - which defeated the object of getting an ethernet router so I refused completely) but once the decision was made I got a nice new router within 2 days. Came with a prepaid bag to return the old one to BT so didn't cost me a penny.
New one works fine, but I always have to switch it on and off twice before it actually connects :?

Looks like they are trying the same old tired stunt with me too.....sent me out a Voyager 105 which I have refused to accept and am STILL waiting to hear back from them offering me a replacement 205 which I had originally.