cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If line drops one more time!!!

N/A

Hello All,

I recently moved into my first property and decided I could not live without broadband. I had access to broadband via Tiscal before and although it was a fautless conection whenever I had to call them I was always directed to a call centre in India where no one spoke English so I decided to shop around.

PlusNet seemed to have good reviews and although I noted you were restricted to 15Gb I never would use it for that amout so I applied!!

What a nightmare :twisted:

The package arrived about 3 weeks ago and I have had problems ever since. To start off with the line dropped constantly and after trying to talk to a human being (impossible as I cannot afford to sit on the phone all day) I noted that their advice was to run the faut checker online (a lot of use if you cannot get onto broadband.

Well without dragging this on longer my line stills drops every half hour of so (mostly when I am about to win in Call of Duty 2)!!!

My questions is - is this normalHuh I want to drop my contract with PlusNet but where do I stand - I know you sign a 12 month but I am not getting what I paid for.

Any advice would be great as I am close to throwing averything out of the window and simply cancelling my direct debit!!!

Moderators note by chris (fa55dsl): All caps title removed, please do not do this, it is considered shouting.
19 REPLIES
N/A

my line does not drop but not happy with speed after numerous tickets and loads of disscsion on forum im still no further forward i joined on the 1/3/2006
read somewhere that you get a 45 day guarentee dont know if thats right but certainly worth lookin into in my account it says £45.00 cancellation fee and £25.00 modem fee anyone know where we stand :?:
N/A

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear that your having problems.

Maybe we could work through and identify a few things and maybe get to the bottom of this.

Disconnects, whereby you lose synch with the exchange are very very rarely down t the ISP but can be caused by a myriad of things.

When your connection drops, does the link / adsl light go out or flash on your modem / router?
JonathanW
Grafter

The connection certainly shouldn't be dropping that frequently. But from the sounds of it you've already raised it to the faults team through the online faults system, this is the best thing to do for the time being, let them run some tests on there to see if they can find out what's causing it. Then they will be able to advise you further.
N/A

@chellemtd2

The Plus Net guarantee allows you to leave without meeting your contractural obligations, ie paying for the full years subscription. However you will still be liable for any activation and / or hardware charges.

I clearly dont know the history of your situation, but if its speeds in general, it might be worth identifying the cause of the problem before making a decision to jump ship. If it is a line or exchange issue, it might just follow you to your new ISP.
N/A

I am sorry pcsni but it is a little past that now.

Having had for years a faultless broadband connection I had no idea that things could get this complicated. I would also like to add that although with Tiscali I had to speak to someone with limited English at least they answered the phone quickly. When reporting a fault the other day I was informed that I would have to call back for the result!!! Great another 10 - 20 mins of my life wasted - I am not being funny but when I report a problem the least I expect from the company I am paying for the service is to get back to me!

All I am now interested in is cancelling the contract. I will atempt to phone the call centre tonight at about 1am as this seems the only time they will pick up and resolve this matter.

I don't envy the person who tries to charge me for the diconncetion

:twisted:
Community Veteran

problem is when you move to another ISP then this fault will just follow you, if it is an exchange or line fault which it sounds like

However you are just within the 45day guarantee period for leaving without having to pay for the rest of the 12month contract

find out more here: Linky
N/A

Thanks for the advice.

I am not a tecky so yes it could be the line or exchange - I have no idea!!!

The point is PlusNet are doing nothing about it! They did their tests then informed me that no fault was found when clearly there is. If someone could simply solve this issue then all is forgiven but all I know is that I ordered broadband and I have not got it - do you have to be an expert to take advantage of this offer - its like selling a new car that keeps stalling and then constantly saying everythings fine.
Community Veteran

theres very little plusnet can do about it if its a line fault its all to do with BT Wholesale and it can take weeks for them to do anything
N/A

Hi there swanage.

I can appreciate your frustration but disconnects are frequently hard to pin down

What is the current status of your ticket. Have the CSC been through the self checks and diagnostics with you, such as testing from the master socket, checking your filters etc?

Have a read at these tutorials by fellow customers for further info

ADSL Troubleshooting

ADSL Wiring and Filters

Both are fairly straight forward and will help eliminate most things at your end and will aid in progressing this further.

Hope it helps.
blaze30682
Grafter

theres very little plusnet can do about it if its a line fault its all to do with BT Wholesale and it can take weeks for them to do anything

had a prob with my exchange not long ago, and yes it is bt's job to sort it BUT Plus.net have to forward a fault report to BT WS before bt will even consider gettin off there back sides.

So if plus.net are not send the report to bt then it will take evn longer to sort, mean while the 45 garentee runs out and he/she is stuck in a 12 month contract.
N/A

speed

was told i was elegible for regrade on the 17th and have not heard anything since only getting 512k and downloadin at 400 max really is frustrating
Ommin
Grafter

theres very little plusnet can do about it

Looking at what the poster has said, taking less than 20 minutes to answer the phone would be a start. Wink
N/A

And the onus should not be on the customer to chase enquiries up and run around checking things. PlusNet are a Service Provider, so should provide a service. Unfortunately the nature in which many support enquires are dealt with is often very confusing and off-putting to the customer these days.
jagger
Grafter

Swanage,or anyone else with a line fault for that matter.

Try http://www.l8nc.com/index.php Sign up for a test and try it out.You,and Plusnet ,can get loads of useful info from it.

It may not sort your problem,but it can narrow it down somewhat.