cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If everyone else can..why can't I?

N/A

I used BT's broadband availability checker and the results were that I can get a 1mbps but not a 2mbps connection due to the "length of my line".
I then used the same availability checker and put 2 immediate next door neighbours numbers in ..and hey presto a 2mbps connection is available. I mean that I am in the middle of a terrace and both neighbours to the left and right of me can get a 2mbps connection but I can't.
Jesus H Christ if I look out the window I can see the telegraph pole and the same bloody one supplies all the phone lines.
Does anyone know how this happens and how to contact BT and get them to explain it?
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

While it may be true you are all on the same line from the pole, from the pole to the local green box and beyond may you may not be. Also are your neighbours actually running at 2Mbs. It's possible their entries are the wrong ones and your is actually correct.

Yes, this is unlikely but it is possible.

There is very little you can do as many others have found out who are in a similar position.

You coud possibly PM or email Andrew (MrSaffron) at ADSLguide (One of the forum mods and site owner) with the info you have supplied as he has in the past been able to get the database corrected for a few other ADSL users and he likes to know about connections that are shown incorrectly in the BT database.
N/A

Yes, e-mail Mr Saffron because he helped me last week. The line checker had said i could only get 512 for the last two years and then i did a check on my neighbours lines and hey presto...they can all get 1mb! An e-mail to Andrew with my line stats and hey presto once again...i am now on 1.1mb!