cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If LLU = Tiscali then why don't we just leave?

N/A

Okidoki, I have read that if/when my connection gets changed I'm likely to be on a Tiscali network.

ooh errr, I don't like the sound of that. I heard that they were even worse than PN. :-)

So what's it likely to mean for me?
Me & my family use Xbox live a heck of a lot (4 xbox's) throughout the day - will this be affected?

Will we be limited by any of Tiscali's conditions etc or will we keep PN's ones?
(which would be better?)

If we are to use the Tiscali network, then sin't it more sensible to just leave and join Tiscali instead?

Please don't be too complicated, I'm just a simple user. I don't visit here often (too damn slow!).

Thank you.
Zoombini.
3 REPLIES
vic_newey
Grafter

How can Tiscali be worse than Plusnets current screwup ?

FTP -doesn't work
E. mail - doesn't work
This forum -keeps timing out

speeds - up & down like a brides nightie

this list goes on but I doubt this will get onscreen as it'll time out
:twisted:

Edit : incredible ! it made it
N/A

People who used Tiscali in the past and came here have very bad memories of them and swore never to use them again. The same as I will never use Plusnet again if they ever let me leave.
Community Veteran

Tiscali LLU wholesale, which PN use for their LLU service, is a world of difference from Tiscali Retail, which many Tiscali users have been on, which uses Datastream for their connections.

So far, over 5000 connections have been moved over to LLU with I think around 200 problems reported so far, meaning the vast majority have a good service and suffered no downtime as a result of the move. LLU may not be perfect, but currently its a lot better than MaxDSL as far as connection stability is concerned.

There are also far far worse ISPs ouit there than PlusNet, even with the current problems although I do agree things have deteriorated quite a bit in recent months..