cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I was Plusnet, I would

N/A

If i was plusnet I would

scrap the deferred activation and charge customers the fee up front, then when you have been with plusnet for 12 months you would then be refunded.

I would scrap the satisfaction guarantee, as this is not worth the paper it is written on.

I would make sure my staff were fully trained on all aspects of the service, so as not to mislead customers.

I would state that plusnet is a low cost broadband for serfing and emails only & the odd large download.

I would reinstate a monthly download limit of say 100Gb, and state this clearly in the terms and conditions.

Above all, I would want to make sure that all my customers was happy with the level of service they receive, But if they was unhappy, I would bend over backwards to make them happy and not give them a load of crap.

I wonder what plusnet would think of this Cheesy .
27 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I think plus should take those on board, whilst I might not agree 100% I think they are all sensible contructive ideas, come on dave what do you think?
Metalguru
Grafter

Daniel.

Can I respectfully suggest that the days of Dave and Co being totally honest and straight up with us are (sadly) gone.

Perhaps they have had their knuckles rapped in the recent past, or their employment / role, is now subject to new T&C's.

What ever the reason, it now seems fairly obvious that they cannot now comment on sensitive matters. Well not in the open and transparent ways that they did in the past.

Me thinks ................ End of an Era ? (But hopes not)
N/A

I don't think the pay up front for activation would work. Nobody wants to pay up front anymore. Potential customer to +net would go with someone with no upfront fee. It is disapointing it takes so long for the defered? charge to 'disapear' though.

The lack of hard caps instead using trafic shaping primarily suits some people better. Its what make +net attractive to me in the first place. I'm not one to sit and watch downloads.

itunes and http downloads work fantastically for what I want.

M
Community Veteran

So that means I shouldn't ask? You don't ask you don't get. Plusnet are in dark times atm however that does not mean we should abandon all hope, if you want to migrate out, then by all means do, if you want to stay again do, but please don't try and suggest that I shouldn't bother trying to get a response from plusnet.
Metalguru
Grafter

Daniel.

Keep asking by all means .

(I have just ask a Q of them in another recent thread).

Just don't expect a reply.

If one comes along then great.

They can run .............. but they can't hide forever.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: If I was Plusnet, I would

Hi,

I'll see if I can give you some feedback on some of the things you suggest.

scrap the deferred activation and charge customers the fee up front, then when you have been with plusnet for 12 months you would then be refunded.

You can still pay the activation fee up front now.We realise that the cost of activation and hardware is a barrier to signing up for broadband, hence the deferred activation offer. However, to be able to offer a free activation after only 12 months our only option would be an increase in the subscription costs.

I would scrap the satisfaction guarantee, as this is not worth the paper it is written on.

Why is it not? I'm not sure I understand your thinking here.

I would make sure my staff were fully trained on all aspects of the service, so as not to mislead customers.

Of course, and that's what we aim to do. If any agent has a gap in their knowledge we aim to correct this as soon as possible.

I would state that plusnet is a low cost broadband for serfing and emails only & the odd large download.

That isn't the case though. The only thing our accounts aren't really suited for is sustained heavy downloading. Are you saying PlusNet is suitable for gaming or VoIP or VPN or any of a thousand other uses?

I would reinstate a monthly download limit of say 100Gb, and state this clearly in the terms and conditions.

we do want to be clear about what we consider to be unsustainable usage and I think you should see this later this month with the next high usage exercise

Above all, I would want to make sure that all my customers was happy with the level of service they receive, But if they was unhappy, I would bend over backwards to make them happy and not give them a load of crap.

Absolutely, completely agree..
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Can I respectfully suggest that the days of Dave and Co being totally honest and straight up with us are (sadly) gone.

You can suggest it but you'd be completely wrong

Perhaps they have had their knuckles rapped in the recent past, or their employment / role, is now subject to new T&C's.

Nope, certainly not.

What ever the reason, it now seems fairly obvious that they cannot now comment on sensitive matters. Well not in the open and transparent ways that they did in the past.

We can comment on any subject and be totally open and honest. We aren't here to cherry pick posts and questions (although because of the volumes we can't always answer everything), we aren't here just to deal with the east things.

I don't know the answer to every question and where I don't know the answer I will do my best to find out. Maybe you'd like to read the Broadband Update sticky at the top of this forum.

Me thinks ................ End of an Era ? (But hopes not)

Start of a better era?
Metalguru
Grafter

Well Done Dave.

There are a few more Q's on these forums waiting for some answers.
I can point you towards some of them if you like.

And as for your last comment.

Can you offer those 100 plus that have voted on the "Are You Angry With Plus Net " Poll ........... some words of re assurance that things will get beter.

If you can ....... pop them on that thread.

Thanks in anticipation.
N/A

The only thing our accounts are really suited for is sustained heavy downloading

is that a misquote?
Community Veteran

Hi,

I'll see if I can give you some feedback on some of the things you suggest.

You can still pay the activation fee up front now.We realise that the cost of activation and hardware is a barrier to signing up for broadband, hence the deferred activation offer. However, to be able to offer a free activation after only 12 months our only option would be an increase in the subscription costs.

That's fair enough, could you bring back easystart and scrap you stay we pay on premier (obviously not for those on it but you could e-mail them could you not? £24.99 for 2MB is still an excellent price in my opinion.

It at least needs modifacation, removal of the words "you have nothing to lose" may I be daring enough to suggest that you pay the activation for the customers that leave on condition that they help you improve your service (i.e. not just coming to you to get the activation then leaving)

Of course, and that's what we aim to do. If any agent has a gap in their knowledge we aim to correct this as soon as possible.

I don't know what your internal proceedures are, but how about giving agents a "refresh" of their training now and at regular intervals in the future to ensure they are fully aware of all the correct policies and proceedures?

That isn't the case though. The only thing our accounts are really suited for is sustained heavy downloading. Are you saying PlusNet is suitable for gaming or VoIP or VPN or any of a thousand other uses?

I'd agree with you Dave, but I think you've made a typo ;-) The one thing I would say is just to make it clearer what each account is suitable for on the signup pages e.g. amend BB+ page.

we do want to be clear about what we consider to be unsustainable usage and I think you should see this later this month with the next high usage exercise

Is there a smoke detector anywhere? Dave, whilst I don't agree with a hard cap, I do see the need for some sort of suistainable usage policy, but the terms of this need to be clearly defined i.e. how much is considered unsustainable, and how if you went over that figure plus would decide as to wether your usage was unsustainable with regards to on / off peak split.

Is that you personally or management?

Edited as I missed one of the chunks out.
N/A

dtomlinson wrote:
beechpark wrote:

so why won't Neil Armstrong come on here and face his critics?

I am awaiting the phone call ref my mac code, so we will see if you do indeed bend over backwards to keep my custom
N/A

I think that the recent confusion regarding the breakin of contracts under this guarantee might have lead people to believe this was a bit of a 'scam'. Do you remember Dave that you told me I had to pay off the entirety of my contract under this guarantee, only to go back on it? I think people may have read only those posts and not realised that you fixed the error.
N/A

The difference is that at the moment plusnet says it is unlimited but it is not, now I am not getting into an argument about how much or who you throttel or dont but you throttle speeds on all accounts. I think it is better to state a monthly usage and at least you no where you stand, also 100Gb is plenty for most of the customer so you wont be watching your downloads all the time

As technology progresses and people use more services like internet tv, then I would up the cap.

I think it is fairer and more honest to pay any charges you have to pay up front, then you stop all this problem of people saying they do not have to pay, just to leave within 12 month. As said you would be refunded if you was stay with plusnet for 12 months+.

That isn't the case though. The only thing our accounts are really suited for is sustained heavy downloading. Are you saying PlusNet is suitable for gaming or VoIP or VPN or any of a thousand other uses?

I was stating that this is a low cost broadband, so I would not lie to my customer by stating that it was suitably for gaming or heavy downloading, when you have speed throttling and your network cant cope as it is. If it was me, You would still be able to download but within your 100Gb a month.

Why is it not? I'm not sure I understand your thinking here

As I said, I would scrap the satisfaction guarantee because it is very misleading and can be interpreted incorrectly, so I would scrap it, so as not to mislead my customers, it is not much good anyway.

Also there seems to be a lot of spin doctors on here lately giving customers the same old crap, now a lot of customer dont trust plusnet because they have lied and misled them for to long.

I rest my case :lol:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

The only thing our accounts are really suited for is sustained heavy downloading

is that a misquote?

Yes Shockedops: thanks for pointing that out.