cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idle timouts opt out

itchyfeet
Grafter

Idle timouts opt out

I'm a bit confused by the idle timeout opt-out page options. Do I click "activate" because I wan't to activate the idle timeouts opt out? Or, do I click "deactivate" because I want to deactivate idle timeouts?

Thanks,

Brian
11 REPLIES
ChrisR
Grafter

Idle timouts opt out

You click deactivate to deactive the timeouts.
Community Veteran

Idle timouts opt out

<text removed as it was wrong to stop any further confusion - sorry>
And yes, this is much more confusing that it should be. It would have been much easier if you could just turn on or off the idle timeout feature.
LiamM
Grafter

Idle timouts opt out

Actually... thats incorrect.

The default setting is Activated - so that idle time outs will occur. If you wish to opt-out, you need to click "Deactivate". This will then deactivate idle-timeouts. When you are deactivated - the button will show Activate. Clicking activate will cancel the opt-out and idle timeouts will occur.

I also thought this was confusing - and I even raised it with Plusnet who thought it wasn't confusing - so nothing has been done about it.
shellsong
Grafter

Idle timouts opt out

:lol: The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true. Tongue
N/A

Idle timouts opt out

Opting out of the idle-time out defeats the purpose of having a idle time out on BB+, does it not?Huh
rammie1976
Grafter

Idle timouts opt out

There has already been one lot of confusion (thread posted by me) and I asked why the web page couldn't be made clearer? I got no answer, but I guess the answer is they don't want to make opting out easy! :x
LiamM
Grafter

Idle timouts opt out

I don't think it defeats the purpose, but more backs it up.

The majority won't be affected by Idle Timeouts, and they'll happen seamlessly without the EU ever noticing. But for those that are affected, an opt-out is available. Only the affected people or people that don't want Idle Timeouts will opt-out. Thus meaning that for most users Idle Timeouts still occur, but Plusnet don't get problems for those that don't want Idle Timeouts enforced upon them.

A good thing Plusnet have done in my opinion.
rammie1976
Grafter

Idle timouts opt out

the opt-out is not the question, its the ease of doing it that is surely? oops sorry Liam! :lol:
LiamM
Grafter

Idle timouts opt out

Sorry, I was responding to peggywan, should have made it clearer.

I agree, the opt-out page is indeed sligtly confusing.
sladkart
Grafter

Idle timouts opt out

ok - plusnet might not think it's confusing - but I do and I am :?

I clicked the deactivate button so I now have an option button displayed that says 'Activate'. Does this mean I have idle timeouts active or not Huh :?:
rammie1976
Grafter

Idle timouts opt out

Here's what S Norriss said on another Idle Timeouts thread - he seemed to imply it was obvious, well he certainly didn't reply to my request that these two sentances were on the opt-out page.

"The button is for people to opt out

Activated is you opted out i.e idle timeouts no longer apply

Deactivated is you not opted out i.e idle timeouts apply"

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36011&start=0