cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identical emails in Outlook 2002

N/A

Identical emails in Outlook 2002

Hi,
Can anyone help with the following please??

In Outlook 2002 I'm getting the same email message downloaded three time on each of the three email accounts I’ve set up, which, especially if it’s an email with an attachment, makes for a long download waiting for three of each to come through! I have rules set up to d/load each email into its appropriate folder and identical emails appear three times in each folder.

I'm told that the three email accounts set up is the reason and
A) It's Microsoft’s fault (when in doubt blame Bill Gates!)or
B) that its an ISP problem.

The second cause I doubt because I had the same trouble with my previous ISP. There is a Microsoft fix for Outlook Express 5 (make all three accounts to either leave a copy of the email messages on the server or delete the email messages from the server after the messages are downloaded – as long as all three have the same rule, it doesn’t matter) which doesn’t seem to work with Outlook 2002.
Any ideas, please? Many thanx
Tom Ebert

5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Identical emails in Outlook 2002

Hi,
I'm assuming that you have three accounts because you have three different users on your machine?
The best way to let multiple users make use of your e-mail account, is through our mailbox system. This allows you to 'sub-divide' the main mailbox on our portal, in effect creating completely seperate mail accounts. This would mean each person could have their own e-mail address, and it would remain that way - ie one person's e-mail wouldn't be downloaded by the other two. Our Technical Support section --> Mailboxes, gives full details on setting these up, and how to setup your mail client to check them.

Hope this helps

--
| Daniel Hubbard...............................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------------+

N/A

Hi Daniel,

<<I'm assuming that you have three accounts because you have three different users on your machine? >>

T’was then that the penny dropped, Daniel!.
Because I have three email addresses, one for family, one for newsforums and the other for a club I belong to (no, not one of ‘those’ clubs, I erroneously thought that I had to set up three accounts. Reverting to one account and sending a test message to each of my email adds solved the problem. Thanks for your help and advice.

I don’t think that you guys at PlusNet Customer Services have quite got the hang of it!! As a battle-scarred veteran of many ISPs I feel you don’t seem to be doing it right.

A. Customer Services NEVER EVER reply to a customer on the same day and certainly not within an hour or two.

B. When a reply comes back, usually after two or three days and when the frustrated customer has sent at least another five emails requesting help, it is ALWAYS an automated reply quoting a reference number of at least 15 characters, promising a reply very soon but not yet! This is generated by the Advisor pressing a button with his left thumb whilst eating a slice of pizza held in his right hand.

C. Then, after a decent interview of a least three days, a reply to the query is formulated. It’s written in such gobble-de-gook, usually with the connivance of all the Customer Services staff, (“Tell him its probably his SLIP/PPP or possible the PoP, Fred – that’ll wake him up screaming in the
night”) that the customer reels away, never to ask another query, convinced he/she is the thickest human being on the planet and vowing never to make a fool of themself ever again. Usually the last paragraph of the reply refers the customer to the Microsoft Help site where he/she gets the info they could have got three days earlier. (This too, is no bloody use to him/her)

You seem to have broken all the above rules
Rule A – You answered me within a couple of hours
Rule B – It was a helpful, considered, concise reply pointing me in the right direction to correct the error. Rule C – See answer to rule B

Thanks very much – I’m impressed!
Tom Ebert

--

N/A

> You seem to have broken all the above rules
> Rule A ? You answered me within a couple of hours
> Rule B ? It was a helpful, considered, concise reply pointing me in the right direction to correct the error. Rule C ? See answer to rule B
>
> Thanks very much ? I?m impressed!
> Tom Ebert
>
>

Hi,

Firstly, thankyou for your comments. We i. aim to and ii. believe that we do provide good customer support.

If you don't mind a bit of trumpet blowing here, I think this is achieved because we try to talk to customers and attempt to establish what the problem is rather than providing token gesture responses. Admitting when we're wrong also helps. We are able to follow a problem through for a customer and deal with it personally in many cases. This is a good thing.

We're not perfect...it would be foolish to make any such claim...but we do try to sort out problems in an efficient way.

Thanks again. Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support.................................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd....................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ------ +
N/A

We i. aim to and ii. believe that we do provide good customer support.

Again its true!

I think this is achieved because we try to talk to customers and attempt to establish what the problem is rather than providing token gesture responses. Admitting when we're wrong also helps. We are able to follow a problem through for a customer and deal with it personally in many cases. This is a good thing.

Again its true!

We're not perfect...it would be foolish to make any such claim...but we do try to sort out problems in an efficient way.

Again its true!

By gum those corridors must be getting wider by the day. If you're not careful old Tony will want to run the country from "up north" soon!
--
Regards,
Mark Henderson.
(thetop)
www.sussexbridalcars.co.uk
N/A

> By gum those corridors must be getting wider by the day. If you're not careful old Tony will want to run the country from "up north" soon!
>

Thanks again Mark.

We're having a busy night tonight so please accept apologies for the slight delay in responding to queries. Your comments are well received by the team Smiley

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support.................................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd....................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ------ +