cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea : dont charge customers for things dont cost you £0.00

N/A

How can you think that charging a customer for a service that is automated, or if done by hand (why?) about 10 seconds. Especialy if they are DOWNGRADING an account, I know you must get annoyed that you would be loosing out money, but how dare you think that charging someone 30 quid to change account types is a good idea. FFS it would COST ME LESS to not pay my bill and resign up to the damn account. Jesus, i dont need my line verifying, i dont need anything done, i just want to change account types from one to another, and it should cost me NOTHING! ESPECIALY if i am downgrading to a worse account, you should happily do it for free to keep said customer happy.
12 REPLIES
N/A

AMEN!
N/A

If it has cost you £30, then you have opted for a speed change as well.

£15 of this is for BT, to perform the change, and the line checks are needed to see if you can support this speed.

As for the other £15, isn't this sometyhing that has been gone over before.
N/A

its a rip, im being ripped off for my teleworker account, and want to change it down to somthing that wont ripp me off more, yet i get ripped off to CHANGE it ffs where is the customer satisfaction in that!

i KNOW my line supports 2mbit cos omg im changing from a 2mbit account to another dman 2mbit account
N/A

In which case, raise a ticket, as you shouldn't be paying the £15 regrade charge if your account is already a 2Mb account.

Also, ahve you not thought to wait until the start of August, when in theory, plusNet should have released the details about changes to the Business package range?
N/A

hahahahaha *deep breath*

yes, but i get billed on the 1st of the month, so no matter what the outcome of the supposed new products are, i will already have been billed, and thus will make no diff to me at all.

and right ill go tell them to only charge me £15 quid. thanks Cheesy
Community Veteran

@buzzons is your title meant to mean that plus net don't charge the customer for things that they are charged for because at the moment it does not that I would mind free broadband ;-)
N/A

^^Eh^^
N/A

No, i mean they get charged by BT to change accounts -- this is fair to charge PN, but why, should they pass this onto the customers -- they make enough proffit from us (The biz line owners) to allow this downgrade to be absorbed by them. The other £15 is an internal PN charge -- bringing the total to 30 -- however for this all you do is change a pull down box -- where is the need to charge us for using our time to do somthing that is automaticaly resolved at the other end.

Buz
N/A

Since when where you PlusNets accountant?

That staement is the equivilant to people saying "it should be 5 min hack" to change part of the portal.
N/A

im just saying that for the amount of agro they have caused all the biz users, the least they could do is allow us to change accountsa for free. Or are they just trying to keep the level of customer satisfaction down to an absolute minimum.
N/A

Won't one of the charges be the previously justified cost of changing accounts, and the other charge be from BT for moving from a contention of 20:1 to 50:1?
If this is the case, then I can't really see what the argument is - If i am wrong, sorry Shockedops:
csogilvie
Grafter

Downgrading accounts usually costs ... the only time there may be a free downgrade is depending on what happens with the business products at a guess...