cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Idea 3471] Broadband + dial up combination

N/A

I have broadband at work but also have a laptop that I use between various offices, it would be nice if there was a package that reflected this other than having a seperate dial-up & broadband account and not using 0845 access for the dial up.

Any chance :?:
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Sounds like a good idea, raised as idea 3471.
deepfatfrier
Grafter

I second that, I'll be getting a laptop this summer too, and won't always have ADSL (or someone else's WLAN Tongue) to hand, so a nice old 56K option would be nice to have!
N/A

Never had to use a laptop on a 56k line before.

However if you have broadband can you not use the local rate number to dial in to and use your broadband user name and password.

J.
N/A

Hi

Thants what i miss with having ADSL.

I could use my dial up at various houses - take my laptop to my parents if they needed the odd hour use of the net.

Regards
N/A

Reply to ukfmonline

Yes you can use the 0845 dial-up but you are missing the point as detailed in the original message.
With the old dial-up accounts you could roam around and as long as the cli number was recognised then you were not charged for the call.

I want a package that has Broadband and a dial up account included that is less than the cost of having a seperate broadband & dial up account.

At present I pay a LOT for my broadband with the Force9 Small Business Pro Premier 1MB and it would be nice if on occasion I could dial in without incurring a phone charge.

If you want to become a moderator you should learn to read the messages!
N/A

Hi

Thats what i mean - i paid £14.99 and could use a few numbers for my alocated hours.

I can go any were and pay 1-5p /minutes for PAYG dial up

Regards
deepfatfrier
Grafter

I think he means that we should be able to dial in without paying anything per minute, which I think is a good idea. Perhaps not an unlimited service, as that might be considered a little excessive :lol: but certainly a certain number of hours per month perhaps would be nice!