cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Idea 3391] Clarity in Billing

N/A

Itemisation of what is being billed monthly is unclear.

My Bill states £22.99. Everybody else seems to be paying for a £21.99 package, and that is what the latest emails indicate.

I have discovered that the extra £1 is owing to my .co.uk domain name.

:idea: It would be good if Plus Net could make sure that this and other extras are clearly indicated alongside the Billed amount to avoid confusion. :?

Reference thread: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28144

Thanks!
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Anyone from PlusNet going to think about this one?? Sad
Community Veteran

Account Details > Account Summary gives a break down of your account and what you pay for. I dont know if the domain is included in the details since I dont have an included domain.
Highlighted
N/A

Account Details -> Account Summary only tells me that I am on a £21.99 a month "ADSL Home-Self Install"
  • package.

Under Account Details -> View Transactions -> invoice xxxxxxx I see the single figure £22.99.

The extra £1 is the domain part for my .co.uk. My query in the original thread was I didn't know where this was coming from - and I still can't see where in my account details.

I believe that PN should have an indications somewhere within my details of exactly what services I am subscribed to, plus the ability to cancel that part if required.

We await for the PN comments Sad

• OT - is it me that needs to do an upgrade to be on a premier package, or am I ok leaving "as is"?
  • csogilvie
    Grafter

You should be fine as is... If you click "Domain Names" on the left hand side, it should tell you whether you are paying an extra £1 a month or not.
    Community Veteran

If you click "Domain Names" on the left hand side, it should tell you whether you are paying an extra £1 a month or not.

No it doesn't It only indicates that a domain is registered and hosted.
    The original suggestion is that the invoice mentioned by Chris only gives you the total payable less any amount for referals.

If you go in the supermarket and buy several items you get a list of what you have paid for.
    It's surely not a massive problem to do the same with the invoice for your ISP service. :?
    csogilvie
    Grafter

It does, if you look down the bottom, or at least, it used to... it currently says "Opt In" - if you are paying it, it says "Opt Out" from memory, although it has been 2 years since I realised I was paying £1 more than I should be.
    Community Veteran

LiamM
    Grafter

But that really isn't obvious to Joe Bloggs.

Like John said, you can go to Tesco, do your shopping and they give you an itemised list of what you're paying for. They don't expect you to hunt around the shop to break it all down yourself.
    N/A

A little more information on the confusion....

www.grhodes.plus.com/public/AccountSummary.png

Shows my account - Bill = £21.99 Monthly

www.grhodes.plus.com/public/ViewTransaction.png

Shows me with a history of paying £22.99 Monthly

www.grhodes.plus.com/public/AccountDetails.png

Shows my last monthly transaction, with me paying £22.74 because of a referral - so that means the previous page is actually incorrect.... it all shows that things are itemised on the bill, but NOT the domain name thing.

This is the monthly amount that comes out of my Bank Account.

www.grhodes.plus.com/public/DomainNames.png

Shows there is no place to opt in/out

So - PN - Why is there no consistency between the 3?
    csogilvie
    Grafter

http://www.csogilvie.plus.com/images/optin.png shows the "Opt In" and when I had the £1 option, before I turned it off, it used to show "Opt Out". I wonder if you make use of the opportunity to Opt Out goes away...
    N/A

Interesting.... thanks for that

I have had my .co.uk domain since I was a dial-up customer, and I didn't have to pay the extra then. I do not recall being given the opt in/out option.

The other thing that adds to my confusion is that there is no apparent distinction between my .co.uk domain on the £1, and my .org.uk domain which is fully paid and hosted.
    csogilvie
    Grafter

You could probably get the registration cheaper elesewhere anyway and not pay the £1 extra and still host the domains on your account as I do anyway - there should be no difference in them other than the £52.88 charge, verses the extra £1 a monht.
    Community Veteran

Mine doesnt show that at all Colin. It only shows that I have a domain hosted.
    It did used to give me an option of paying or not in the past but its no longer there now.
    N/A

It would be nice if somebody in PN could comment on this..
    BTW - It was good to see all the moderator's comments - thanks guys.

Oh....