cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ Idea 2684 ] Group email addresses

N/A

Do Plusnet have any plans to offer an email function which would allow a group email address to be setup which would then forward mail to a number of other email addresses?
7 REPLIES
N/A

You mean like mailing lists under the Email settings?
N/A

No, the mailing list is not the sort of function we require.

We would like to be able to setup an alias (ie group@teamsolve.plus.com) which would then be forwarded to several members of staff.

Similar to the redirect function you provide but redirected to more than one address.

We had this feature with the ISP who previously hosted our domain, thought it would be a fairly standard feature.
csogilvie
Grafter

Agreed, it would be nice but something tells me it may have been suggested before...
jberry
Grafter

I cannot find it in the ideas tool, so now raised on idea 2684. If this did happen then it may have a limited number of recipients per list as it would be affected by tar-pitting.

Regards,
N/A

Is it going to be possible for this to work with (multiple) domains aswell? For example:

members@example.com

and

members@example.net

With each of the above forwarding mail to two different groups?

Thanks,

Richard
N/A

Doubtful. I suspect it will be inline with the rest of the mail delivery system.

However, that does bring one question up that I havn't looked at. If you create a mailing list, and then later take a domain, does the mailing list work on the domain too?
N/A

Doubtful. I suspect it will be inline with the rest of the mail delivery system.

I find the way the mail delivery system works very frustrating because it limits the functionality of my domains. Are there any plans to improve it in the future?

Richard