cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Idea 2143] Support forum

N/A

Would it be possible for updates to previously posted issues in the support forum to be posted as replies rather than as new threads!? It makes a lot more sence to group things by issue to me, rather than have a new thread for each announcement...
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Are you talking about the service stats announcements forum? Or the normal Customer Support forum?

Chris
Mark_Dowd
Grafter

Re: Support forum

Would it be possible for updates to previously posted issues in the support forum to be posted as replies rather than as new threads!? It makes a lot more sence to group things by issue to me, rather than have a new thread for each announcement...

I suspect that the fault lies with the "nut behind the keyboard" :lol:
N/A

I'm talking about
Announcements/Service Updates
fourm.

If the problem is with the guy behind the keyboard then can some one just tell him to post them as replies. I would have thought thoe that it was some kind of automated system to keep it in sync with other sections of the portal...
N/A

From my understanding, all posts to that forum, are run through a automated script.
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,

It is an automated process - During an outage we have to get the information out as quickly as possible, so posting to the forum manually is not an option.

At the moment our system does not 'thread' issues, so we can't create threads regarding the same things... Doing this is something that is already in the spec for the next release of the Service Status posting tools, but these are not going to find there way into development any time soon I'm afraid.

Regards,
Ianwild
Grafter

I have now raised this as idea 2143.

It is included with a whole heap of other improvements that I have thought of, so this one will certainly be a whole pile of development and won't be quick!