cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Idea 2005] Ability to chose mail address

N/A

My account is under my name, however, the mail mailbox is used by my father. I created a seperate mailbox for myself, so only 1 address is destined for me.

However, there is no way to change the e-mail address used in the profile.

As such, at this time, mail is sent to the address I signed up with (which is the only way I was a aware of waiting private messages, see seperate sugestion thread), and to the main mailbox of the account (in which case my dads, however, I am waiting for confirmation that mail arrived here on this).

The address I signed up with, is my work address, and as such, I am only notified at work. I would prefer to be able to select whcih address is used.
5 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,

I have raised idea 2005 regarding this. I understand though that there is already a plan in place to allow the syncronisation of your default account Contact Email address (Available in the Account Details > Edit details of the Member centre) with the boards notification address.

In the mean time, if you PM myself, Mike or Rob with the details we will happily change this for you using the admin features of the boards software.

With Regards,
Community Veteran

To add to this suggestion, I think it'd also be nice if people could choose their own username, rather than just being assigned the one the use for PlusNet in general.

Thomas
stonechat
Grafter

Names

Yes I agree, on Forums I'm usually stonechat, and would prefer to be that on these forums
Community Veteran

Same here.... I'm normally Be3G... and a big cream bun for whoever can work that one out! Wink

Thomas
N/A

The account username is under my dads initial and name, however, I am the admin, nameholder of the account, tand the main person to use it, so I would prefer my nickname, or at least somthing that relates to me.