Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISPA complaints

N/A

ISPA complaints

Any disgruntled customers who want to complain best place for it

http://www.ispa.org.uk/html/consumers/complaints_procedure.html

I know i'll get slated for putting this on the forum but I feel everyone should go here if they want to place a complaint !

the more complaints we get on this issue of restrictions and false marketing and mis-leading contracts the quicker our problems might be solved rather than moaning on and on to plusnet and getting nothing done!

lets face it guys thes forums do get boring after a while of complaints and smug people telling u theres nothing that can be done live with it!

They company is always right in this case we're just experimental guniea pigs in one big plus-net balls up on how we can make money off customers and squeeze more people onto the BB+ and upset us unfortunate ones who are stuck in a 12 month contract!

peace and out my last ever post cant be bothered with this lot anymore
9 REPLIES
N/A

ISPA complaints

I agree with this - I will be forwarding complaints regards Plusnet and their poor service.
N/A

ISPA complaints

I agree - very poor comunication from PN, an 'unlimited' service that is anything but.

Anybody else want to add their vote to this thread?
trebor4460
Dabbler

ISPA complaints

i also agree with this, being sold as an unlimited service then getting capped after just 5 gigs, paying for a 2 meg line and getting restricted to 520 kbps for usage of just 7 gigs a month, is this the kind of service we want from an isp?
N/A

ISPA complaints

you were not sold an unlimited service.

Its not been unlimited for well over a year. and by the looks of it you havnt been here that long. I assume your on BB+ which was never stated anywhere as unlimited.

I honestly dont know what your expecting for 15 or 21£ a month.
N/A

ISPA complaints

I was most certainly sold an 'unlimited service', and after apparently reaching and exceeding 'level 2' I have now been dropped to 256k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The funny thing is I haven't even been hitting the p2p that hard recently (no time) - hardly touched it over christmas, so lord knows where these figures are coming from (are they counting traffic to my website ?).
It seems that uploads are now being counted (which they where not supposed to be the last time I heard anything about this whole sorry state of affairs) - it just gets worse.
If I have managed to exceed level 2 with the kind of usage I have been doing recently then i guess I will be pretty much permenantly restricted soon - this is not what was promised or what I signed up for.

I have removed my various links to plusnet (referals) as I would now feel terrible if someone signed up for plusnet on my say-so - I used to be able to put my hand on my heart and say that plusnet was a no-brainer, now it's more like you need your brain examining if you sign up for this rubbish.
I wonder if this freeing up of bandwidth has anything to do with making room for profitable internet phone calls etc ?

To be honest I am rather looking forward to dumping plusnet though as the cgi problems are just ridiculous, that and the 'there is no problem' attitude of the staff, and the loss of data, the crippling restrictions - need I continue ?

'Nuff said.
trebor4460
Dabbler

ISPA complaints

you were not sold an unlimited service.

Its not been unlimited for well over a year. and by the looks of it you havnt been here that long. I assume your on BB+ which was never stated anywhere as unlimited.

I honestly dont know what your expecting for 15 or 21£ a month.

To be honest i dont give a monkeys what you think i am expecting for £15 a month, but what i am expecting is the 2 mb line i signed up for and not the 520 kpbs i have at the moment, and i dont expect to be capped for exceeding a limit that has been imposed on me without plusnet having the consideration to inform me its existence until it is too late and i have exceeded it. A simple email to inform me of the new limits and warning me i was exceeding them would have been quite sufficent so i could adjust my usage to suit seems a lot fairer to me.
N/A

ISPA complaints

It was unlimited once, and your right it proberably was over 12 months ago, which is less than I have been with them. Nearly 2 years now. In that time I have gone from unlimited, to next to nothing. And with all that, no pre mail to tell me it was happening, Just 1 too say I was on level 2 management.
shellsong
Grafter

ISPA complaints

@trebor4460
BB+ has always claimed that the downloading side of things would be managed so must have when you started, however where I think you and others in your position have a genuine gripe is in the way http/web browsing appears to have been affected by the "management" applied!
N/A

ISPA complaints

Thanx for the ISPA link I certainly will be contacting them after todays fiasco.

I joined PN in Oct 2005 from BT after reading SUP and recommended from friend
thought that the 4Mb service @ 29.99 would be a deal (sucker!!) as the limits were
150 /45 Gb per month with 4Mb coming soon.
Now I have been hit with a level 1 peak time cap after getting nowhere near the limits I signed up for .
Not only that but I find out that the 4Mb service I am hoping for is only a dream and will not be realised untill August (if then) and I certanly won't be be with PN then I guarantee that.
The ticket system tell me that I have to pay 14.99 to downgrade to 2 MB service and that I have to pay 9 x 29.99 to get out of this agreement.
They don't say anything helpful so they obviously don't need my custom why not cut the losses and let me go?
Feel let down and very angry with their behaviour today capping my usage (hower small that may be) without notifying me of changes is a gross dereliction of their service and I am going to look for any way out of this before further breeches of trust occur . :x