N/A

ISPA complaint - response to PlusNet response

Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:07:18 +0100
To: "Carol Axe" <caxe@plus.net>
Subject: Re: Response to ISPA complaint
Cc: "'ISPA Complaints'" <complaints@ispa.org.uk> Bcc:

August 26, 2005

Dear Ms Axe,

You have mis-stated the basis of my complaint. I repeat, for the umpteenth time, that my complaint is that you gave a *written undertaking* to Premier customers in your "Fair Usage Withdrawn" email of April 21, 2005 (viewable here by scrolling down: http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=archive&ispservice_id=&page=12) to contact them all again to explain how the new Premier products affect them individually. But that undertaking has never been carried out - and the longer it is delayed, the more money PlusNet makes. As a result of your failure, thousands of your customers are still waiting to hear from you that they could be saving up to £216 per annum each. Already, you have profited hugely from four months of inactivity and your head of marketing, Neil Armstrong has now posted in the PlusNet forum to say that PlusNet doesn't have any obligation to send out the email that you, in writing, obligated the company to do. Please do not side-step this issue of your written undertaking.

It is not good enough excusing your inactivity by saying that these customers can come to your website and find out for themselves. Most of them have never visited the PlusNet website since they first set up their accounts (according to PlusNet) and they have no reason to come since they haven't received your follow-up email which would give them a reason to investigate their product and pricing options.

You gave them all an undertaking and, although you apologised verbally to me on the telephone for failing to carry out that undertaking, it is nonetheless a PlusNet obligation and it must still be carried out.

You and your colleagues are simply trying to brush this matter under the carpet because you now decide that the financial cost to you of carrying out your undertaking would be too high.

PlusNet is behaving most irresponsibly and possibly illegally in this matter and your bland brush-offs do not do anything to rectify the situation.

Simon Chapman
Warren House
Scarletts Lane
Kiln Green
Berkshire RG10 9XD

tel: 0118 940 3785 mobile: 07890 152696 fax: 0118 940 3712 email: sc@pr100.com web: http://www.pr100.com

At 3:46 pm +0100 26/8/05, Carol Axe wrote:

>Dear Mr Chapman
>
>In response to your most recent email to us, received via the ISPA complaints process, we would like to clarify our position.
>
>The heart of your issue is that we have not emailed all customers to tell them a cheaper service is available to them.  As we have re-iterated on numerous occasions, all this information is freely available on our website, or by contacting our customer support centre. 
>
>We are under no obligation to email all customers every time we launch a new product.  Our business model encourages customers to self-serve and our main marketing medium is our website. 
>
>You have not accepted any answer we have provided to you and we are unable to come to an agreement.  Your unrelenting position and repeated questioning has drawn an unsustainable amount of resource away from our other customers, therefore we have chosen to enforce section 19.1a of our terms and conditions. 
>
>Your service will be ceased on 23 September 2005 unless you use the MAC code we have provided.
>
>Yours sincerely
>
>Carol Axe

Funny how PlusNet never mention the Carol Axe undertaking. The longer they ignore it, the more I will endeavour to hold them to it. I have of course archived the original April21 email and the PlusNet archive page which displays it -- just in case this forum mysteriously has to be reborn without any history as a result of today's "technical glitches" (or could it be deliberate sabotage by PlusNet?).

Simon
8 REPLIES
N/A

Nice! Hope i don't get terminated for replying to this thread.........

Fundamentally, Carol Axe committed to "contacting our residential Broadband Premier customers from today to explain how this improvement applies to them specifically".

But didn't.

However Carol now says PlusNet had no reason to inform customers, despite having said that PlusNet would. Why did she bother saying that i wonder..........?

:?:
csogilvie
Grafter

Simon, are you sure you want to publish your phone number / address on the forums?
N/A

He was asked that on AG Colin and stated that it was what he wanted.
N/A

No, it's fine. Colin. Thanks for checking.

Simon
N/A

And lest there be any doubt about Carol Axe's intention, Ben Brown and others were good enough to clarify exactly what was meant. See:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=215983#215983

I see from Stewart Norriss' "Answers and Clarity" that Ms Axe apparently didn't actually mean that all Premier customers would be emailed with the new Premier product details - and yet she apologised to me on the 'phone for not carrying out her undertaking, approximately 10 seconds before she terminated my account.

Simon
N/A

I've split part of this thread. Please keep it on-topic in the future.
N/A

Re: ISPA complaint - response to PlusNet response

you gave a *written undertaking* to Premier customers in your "Fair Usage Withdrawn" email of April 21, 2005.... to contact them all again to explain how the new Premier products affect them individually.

That's a mis-quote. They never promised to "explain how the new products affect them," they said they'd be emailing people to advise on the benefits of reduced contention. I got that email the very next day. Although it was sparse on details, it linked to the contention tutorial which would have enlightened those unaware of the existence of contention.

In that regard, I reckon your complaint was groundless.
N/A

Re: ISPA complaint - response to PlusNet response

you gave a *written undertaking* to Premier customers in your "Fair Usage Withdrawn" email of April 21, 2005.... to contact them all again to explain how the new Premier products affect them individually.

That's a mis-quote. They never promised to "explain how the new products affect them,"

Doesn't look like you read my post two above yours so perhaps you're not really following this thread very closely. I suggest you read the link therein where the intention was very clearly clarified:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=215983#215983

Simon