cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISPA Complaints

N/A

ISPA Complaints

http://www.ispa.org.uk/

I just lodged what is known as "a second complaint" this is an escalated complaint as I don't believe PN answered my original complaint about the FUP (the fact they withdrew it now means they can never finalise it either). If PN cannot give me a suitable answer (i.e. a full announcement within 5 days - or a guarantee my service will never be affected by their promised "no change to your contract" spins in writing, to my door, with a promise of a refund for any month from now until it happens - i.e. for every month they lie) they must issue a CISAS reference number.

CISAS are an external dispute resolution scheme to which PN are legally bound. If they won't do their job, I'll frickin force them to do it through legal routes. They also MUST issue a CISAS number within 5 working days and so I fully intend to make PN realise this is one customer who is sick of being played with.

I urge anyone else who has hit their limits and want PN to sort themselves out now, not later to file a complaint, or a level 2 complaint if you have done so previously.
26 REPLIES
Community Veteran

ISPA Complaints

Im writing to them also...

I would encourage every on of the 150+ people who have voted to see the "extra" information to also write...

They are refuising to tell you what service you will be recieving for your money, yet are quite happy to take your payments.

Lets see PN remove posts from the ISPA
N/A

ISPA Complaints

Hmm apparently even after the FUP and contention I'm bound to PN by a "special offer" and it will cost me £15 to get my MAC code.....ISPA complaint number #3 I feel if this gets any more stupid.
Community Veteran

ISPA Complaints

errrr - what?!?

£15 for a mac code - whats this?

Mind you its a wise decsion - they'll probably make more money charging for mac codes, than they wil chargig for set up fees.
N/A

ISPA Complaints

I didn't think they could withhold a MAC code.

If there is a dispute with payments they have to take it up by other means.
N/A

ISPA Complaints

I've posted the reply I got elsewhere but after telling them I would take this up with the ISPA and go down legal routes about their supposed "lack of change to your contract" I received the MAC key within about 30 minute...so there ya go, let them see you're serious and you will get your MAC key if they attempt to withold it.
LiamM
Grafter

ISPA Complaints

Actually they can if you are under contract, or owe them money IIRC.
N/A

ISPA Complaints

Wrong... they can most certainly withhold a MAC code if they think they owe you money. In fact that's a lot of the point of it.
N/A

ISPA Complaints

Liam this may interest you in the email if you decide to leave:

We have also decided to waive the £14.99 deferred migration fee.

It is in my Inbox in the email which I will happily forward (with my MAC code masked out of course) to anyone who PN refuse to give the MAC code to. I now have an email assuring anyone that PN have effectively admitted everyone's contracts have changed or at least insulted enough customers PN will give you a MAC code for free, even within a contract.
LiamM
Grafter

ISPA Complaints

Liam this may interest you in the email if you decide to leave:

We have also decided to waive the £14.99 deferred migration fee.

This refers to anyone who has migrated in for free, and now wan't to leave. The agreement was that because you were migrating in for free, if you wanted to leave within 12 months, you would have to cough up the migration fee then.

As far as I am aware, I can't go anywhere.
N/A

ISPA Complaints

Inform them you will be going to the ISPA and CISAS as you believe the product you signed up for originally no longer exists; PN seem a bit too scared right now to challenge this, I think they're starting to wonder if they can do all these changes and still hold you to the original contract you signed.

Can you imagine the problems PN would have if they were taken to court? It would ruin what was left of the PN image, most likely cause a huge outflux of customers, deter anyone else from signing up and could cause PN to close its doors. They can't risk anything else going bad for them now.
LiamM
Grafter

ISPA Complaints

Like I said earlier. I am intending to stay, certainly for the moment, so that I can see what comes of the new packages. What will make me move is seeing an ISP release an 8Mb service, available as part of MaxDSL for less than PN propose to charge.
N/A

ISPA Complaints

What's this then;

3. The only reasons why a LSP may refuse to issue a MAC are that:
a) The customer has failed standard checks to validate that he is the account holder
b) The broadband service contract has been terminated
c) The LSP has already submitted a cease request to BTW for the broadband service
d) The account holder is deceased

For avoidance of doubt, the LSP may not refuse to issue a MAC if:
a) The account holder has not paid any charges due before the migration date (whether
service charges, disconnection charges, charges for remaining minimum term contract
period or any migration charge); such charges should be included in a final broadband
service bill, which will be settled according to the terms of the contract.
b) The account holder is in bad debt but is still receiving the broadband service at the
time the request is received.
c) The account holder is within a minimum term contract on the broadband service that is
needed to recover a subsidy on the broadband service equipment or setup costs;
d) The broadband service that is to be migrated has already been suspended for reasons
of bad debt at the time the request is received.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice/telecoms_ifc/codes/bbm_cop/bbmcop.pdf
LiamM
Grafter

ISPA Complaints

I stand corrected then. Though I would have thought the account holder being deceased is a pretty good reason to issue a MAC lol.
N/A

ISPA Complaints

woo.

There we go then. PN cannot refuse to give anyone a MAC code, or try and charge for it.