cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISP Speed Comparisons

N/A

ISP Speed Comparisons

I have just moved to another ISP who shall remain nameless however, and I'm not 100% sure but it feels like the response time for general browsing is faster and I am consistently getting high up/down speeds on adslguide aswell..

If people want me to run some test and compare the speeds/throughput for downloading different file or protocol type I am happy to try as for the next week I think both my F9 & My new ISP will have my accounts running.

May be a nice oppurtunity for people to see just what sort of an effect (or not) the traffic shaping is having.

Just post here the test you would like me to perform... if any...
9 REPLIES
N/A

ISP Speed Comparisons

I personally really could not give a hoot. You have moved to a new supplier, so what is your problem.

Why is it when people are happy with what they now have, they still need to complain. I could understand you complaining if you was still a customer of Force9.

Get over it, Force9 is right to implement the SUP & that is a responsible ISP who implements a policy so all users can have adequate access all the time rather than at none peak times.
N/A

ISP Speed Comparisons

Judging by your recent join date I would recomend that you wait and try things out a little before becoming all judgemental with my case. Cleary you have just joined and this post not directed at you.

I was a member since the the old 'unlimited' broadband was first introduced, and while F9 is not poor by any standards comapared to many ISPs there as been what appears to be a gradual slowdown and it appears to be not just on the protocols being throttled but also in overall response times on smaller http, I dont recall it being like this before all the SUP/fUP items where being implemented, so logically it could be an impact of the hardware/software that is inspecting the packets.

Unlike you there are many people who like to know how well there service benchmarks against others in the market and will be questioning just what overheads and effects of the thorttling are, afterall people including myself pay our money as such have the right to be a 'demanding customer'.

So if you couldnt care less.. then ignore me. Dont start trolling my posts, and if I am doing something wrong then lets the mods/admins handle it.

As for your comments about the SUP, yes F9 have everyright to manage there network (90% of ISP will have to at some point) and I had no problem with the caps introduced in the SUP- the final straw for me was lack of communication and the constant changes.

Fair enough have an overall cap, but throttling/shaping/prioritising should kick in only when the network is under load and that should include P2P & Usenet.

This allows everyone good performance most of the time regardless of protocol and ensures F9 stay under whatever total monthly capacity usage target they set.
N/A

ISP Speed Comparisons

Hi,

I am SAD you are leaving us blandie because I respect your commments and your point of view. I have to say many people who complain about various issues do tend to paint a very polarised black & white picture of things but for me the reality is more shades of grey so too speak.

Although I want to state for the record that my F9 Pemier service is extremely good and I am VERY VERY contented with what I pay for. Oh! but I am a lite user some might say and Yes! I'm a lite users so what??.

**The main point I want to agree about is that F9 have been historically (and still are very poor IMO) aweful when it comes to communicating with customers regarding either major service changes or even minor service changes, and this is one of the central points I shall be raising at the forth coming meeting on 10th Dec in Sheffield.

Ivan
N/A

ISP Speed Comparisons

just to let you all know that i have moved isp aswell and all of my speeds have gone up -ping times better -p2p better -speed tests better -customer service (dont know havent needed it) the one thing i can say about my time with force9 is there the only isp i have been with thats had a forum. So if you want better speeds/no caps then move it will be the best thing you can do for yourself and for the costomers of force9 that stay as when enuff ppl go they may and i meen MAY just start getting there act back online
N/A

ISP Speed Comparisons

**The main point I want to agree about is that F9 have been historically (and still are very poor IMO) aweful when it comes to communicating with customers regarding either major service changes or even minor service changes, and this is one of the central points I shall be raising at the forth coming meeting on 10th Dec in Sheffield.

Ivan

:roll: Boringly repeating myself from other posts Cheesy
We have a basic (legal) right to make an informed decision about our ISP. If we're not being informed, then we can't make that decision properly. :?

I had / have a problem that my p2p software is not greatly loved by ellacoya, it took f9 a month to agree / accept this :roll: But denied that they were able to make the information available, as they didn't know :shock:
. A quick check on the net reveals imcompatibility problems between ellacoya and certain software, that have been known for a year or more
okmbok
Grafter

ISP Speed Comparisons

get me 2mb then
N/A

ISP Speed Comparisons

So force9's been slacking? :shock:

How can i check my pings? (not game ping are they?)

Any other ISP's that can beat this?

-250mb or more webspace to use as i wish.
-Cheaper than force 9's 2mb premier package (or a 1mb package will do).
-Good tech support/customer service.
-Reliable & Strong connection (good pings)
-Static IP
N/A

ISP Speed Comparisons

I personally really could not give a hoot. You have moved to a new supplier, so what is your problem.

Why is it when people are happy with what they now have, they still need to complain. I could understand you complaining if you was still a customer of Force9.

Get over it, Force9 is right to implement the SUP & that is a responsible ISP who implements a policy so all users can have adequate access all the time rather than at none peak times.

maybe someone should invest in technology to make sure there network is ok instead of compromising.
N/A

ISP Speed Comparisons

maybe someone should invest in technology to make sure there network is ok instead of compromising.

BT already charge the earth for line rental for ISP's and bandwidth, investing money in hardware just isnt possible unless your a big ISP such as AOL for example.

IMO BT need to be reformed, stop them from being an ISP but more like a gardener, tending to the lines and helping ISP's to make services better. Turn them from being money hungery a$$holes and into decent company. If this was already reality we would be on 1GB Tongue