cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISP Move... More than successful!

stratisphere

Hey guys,

Well a while back i was with f9 as some of you may know. And i had a whole host of problems as the same as most of you:
- download speeds reaching neck-breaking dialup speeds
- Support either not there, not providing useful answers, or fobbing the problem off on to BT which extends the problem each time for at least 2 working days (god help you if it happened on a friday).

Now, when you come down to it, F9/PN failed to provide the service i was paying for, so what anyone would do in business... i left (by the way, that process was buggered up aswell, F9 kept trying to charge me and then blaimed it on my new ISP, but failed to provide any proof when i asked).

Once i left, i did infact put a post on this forum sayin where i had left to and a F9 CSC replied saying things like "Hope you go well with your new ISP" etc etc, some stock replies, along with what i must assume is also a stock reply: "Although i have read from other sources that Sky is great for the first few weeks, but then degrades rapidly"

Anyway, so i'm now sat in my house, on my network on my new Sky connection, surfing at 3.5mb _STABLE_ and not just in the mornings, it's _ALL THE TIME_

The most i got with F9 when there were no "problems" was 1.5mb or even 2mb at one point, but that only lasted for a week or so.

So these are speeds i couldnt even dream of while i was with F9.

Now there is a moral in this story... or i'm sure there is, but all those lies (or prehaps F9 actually believed them, which leads me to believe should they be running an ISP?) that they told me about it being my line or congestion at the exchange, or faulty kit on my end... is pure BS.

Now, time to hit sky.

Yes i'm getting excellent speeds for my line which are stable and 24/7.
Yes i'm getting sky digital (very cool btw)
Yes i'm getting sky talk (not the most special, but i myself dont use the phones and since it's knocked in for free... who am i to complain).
But i have had 3 calls over the first 2 weeks from sky asking me if i want to participate in surveys or if i want sky insurance etc. However, a bit of yelling to them (yelling as their call centres are in other countries) and saying the words "REMOVE MY DETAILS FROM ANY OFFERS OR 3RD PARTY DEALS" and they listen.

Been with them since early june now, and not a single fault. Customer is a bit poor (as i had to ring up to ask a question, not about a fault) but other than that question, i havnt had a reason.

The only thing i am worried/annoyed about is the fact that you have to use their router as their network has some weird way of doing authentication and connection so only their kit will work. But just slap their router on the end of your network with a firewall between (also set the firewall up on their router) and hey presto.

Sky 1
F9 0
8 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: ISP Move... More than successful!

Now there is a moral in this story... or i'm sure there is, but all those lies (or prehaps F9 actually believed them, which leads me to believe should they be running an ISP?) that they told me about it being my line or congestion at the exchange, or faulty kit on my end... is pure BS.

I'm glad the new ISP is working out for you but I don't see how you can accuse us of lying. I presume you are now on Sky's LLU service in which case you are now on completely different kit at the exchange so the contention could be there but it's only between other BT IPStream customers, on LLU you'll only be contended with other Sky/Easynet LLU customers.
stratisphere

So tell me something, would you go to a country which has hardly any food or shelters with the promise of building new homes and giving food and then saying "oh sorry, we can only do half of it"... because that’s essentially what’s going on with this broadband issue.

Yes ok that’s not F9's fault, but how can you sell a product you essentially don’t have?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Not sure I understand, what are we selling that we don't have? If you mean speed then that's the technology at play, the longer the phone line the lower the speed it will support. That's just how DSL in all forms, ADSL, ADSL2+ etc. works unfortunately. VDSL2 will be better as that reduces the copper run to just the green cabinet to property but that's a few years off yet.
N/A

I have also moved onto pastures new because of speed issues with force9 which were dropping me in the evening thus keeping my potential IP profile lower which was caused by noise level drops from 12db during the day to -3db late night with no joy from f9 now I am on rock solid 5meg all the time with only a 5db drop over the full day with my new isp.
Pleased I moved.
Jeff Clarkson.
astarsolutions
Grafter

Have you moved onto an LLU service or moved off an LLU service because I didn't think problems like that were related to the ISP?
N/A

Hi,
The problem is down to the isp to sort as you cannot request direct with bt.
The last resort was when I was told they could put a request through for checking but could cost me £144 if no fault was found and as no fault would be found as it only happened between approx 10:30pm and 2am I am sure they would not send engineer at that time.
So I gave them the chance but have moved on and am very pleased.
Regards Jeff Clarkson.
astarsolutions
Grafter

Do you know if you moved from or to an LLU service?
N/A

Not sure I understand, what are we selling that we don't have? If you mean speed then that's the technology at play, the longer the phone line the lower the speed it will support. That's just how DSL in all forms, ADSL, ADSL2+ etc. works unfortunately. VDSL2 will be better as that reduces the copper run to just the green cabinet to property but that's a few years off yet.

Why oh Why its never f9 fault.

The only dept that works 100% at F9 Is the direct debit office come floods nuclear explosion war etc they always take the direct debt on time every month month after month year after year.

Michael