cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISDN Stuff

N/A

ISDN Stuff

Oh another thing, ive just ordered BT's Home Highway, getting it in about a weeks time. I was just wondering what i have to do plus net wise to be able to get my higher speed connection. is it a different dial up number?
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ISDN Stuff

Hello again,

You can continue to use the same number you use at the moment, this does not change when using ISDN.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
wandelaar
Grafter

Hi,

Just a quick message to say that I have been on ISDN for some time and I think you will find it a lot better than dial up.

The connection time is a lot faster, and the connection speed is not bad either, plus you get effectively 3 phone lines of which you can use any 2 at any time.

One small caveat I would say though is that as soon as BT have done the business, don't forget to register your 'new' phone number (the digital line for the computer) with plusnet via the portal. If you don't, your call will be rejected.

I had to resort to using my old dial up modem via one of the 'highways' analogue sockets to do this and once done then changed the dial up settings to use the ISDN channel (which uses the 'new' number. Once this was done, bingo!! I believe that you could use the ISDN line into the 0845 number to set this up as an alternative.

Once plusnet get the 128K ISDN going (hopefully not too far away), it will get even better.

I normally get dowload speeds of approx 7.2K (with compression) which is a lot better than the 4.2K I used to get on V90 dial up. I can even stream radio6 from the BBC in full CD quality (44.1K sample rate).....

Welcome to the highway..

Regards

Dave

N/A

Good Morning,

I have heard many ISDN users voice comments like this in the past. ISDN is a good option for people who are unable to have ADSL in their area. You can currently use 64k on our Connect accounts and 128k over our 0845 number.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----