cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISDN 128K AGAIN

N/A

ISDN 128K AGAIN

As per the link below i posted the same question this morning in the same thread and recieved no reply - so hence another thread

http://portal.plus.net/central.html?action=new_forums&forum_action=display_topic&topic_id=4878&displ...

I would like some answers to the issues raised below please - if you find you are unable to be anymore forthcoming than the weak response from your colleague you will leave me no option but to take my business elsewhere. Shame as i thinkyou provide a decent service but the isdn gang has been left behind while you milk ASDL for all its worth.

Please some decent answers

Phil Bromley

sorry to keep on but everything is being focused on broadband and us poor sods that cant get have to make do with single line isdn access.

I know that you are working on it but some more details would be appreciated - like when do you expect to role the service out? cost? and all the other pertinent questions.

think its time you gave us some answers - as far as i'm concerned you give a good service but you seem to be concentrating all your efforts on the big money spinner (ADSL) and the rest of us are just not getting a look in.

How about a regular update about what is happening - you post the poll on your front page but then we here sod all about the results - i thought polls were meant to be a short term identifyer and have a finite life on them - all those that have isdn have already posted their poll and i'm sure the figures have not changes in the 1 month.

Sorry for the bitch but you promise all this good stuff and sadly nothing has come of it

rgds

Phil Bromley
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ISDN 128K AGAIN

Hi Phil,

I apologise for the lack of information regarding this subject. This issue is important to us and we are working towards introducing a 128k service, which is second to none. Our Network Operations Centre has a team dedicated to ensuring this service is implemented as soon as is possible. Work with BT is also being stepped up to bring 128k to our range of ‘Connect’ products.

Please keep an eye on our portal and you should see an announcement regarding this issue shortly.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Please keep an eye on our portal and you should see an announcement regarding this issue shortly.

OK, you guys have been saying this for months now ... when is something going to actually appear on the portalHuh

Surely you can give us some meaningful information like an expected launch?

Thanks

Chris
N/A

Good call Chris - sorry Plusnet I just dont think the answer is good enough - you must have some idea of cost, when it is going ot be introduced an dthe list goes on and on.

I'm off to do some serious searching to find a replacement ISP - that give 128K downloads

All I (and I suspect many others) want is some straight answers - as I said before you dangle all these goodies in front of us and nothing happens for months on end - why say anything if you know that the chances of it being implemented are six months or more down the road.

I personallly dont believe you will role the service out as you seem to be aiming your market at ASDL and sod the rest of us - If this is not the case give us some more details and i will gladly apologise.

Phil Bromley

N/A

I'm the same.
I've been waiting for months now for PlusNet to provide a reasonably priced 128K dial-up and nothing !

Try Demon at www.demon.net.

For an always-on 24/7 account with 128K is, don't quote me on this, £80 per month which isn't bad compared to a leased line cost for a business. i.e. £60 for the Demon account & £20 Surftime option.

PlusNet want £120 a month for 64K always-on.

Come on PlusNet, I love your service but give us a reasonably priced 128K always-on service.

> Good call Chris - sorry Plusnet I just dont think the answer is good enough - you must have some idea of cost, when it is going ot be introduced an dthe list goes on and on.
>
> I'm off to do some serious searching to find a replacement ISP - that give 128K downloads
>
> All I (and I suspect many others) want is some straight answers - as I said before you dangle all these goodies in front of us and nothing happens for months on end - why say anything if you know that the chances of it being implemented are six months or more down the road.
>
> I personallly dont believe you will role the service out as you seem to be aiming your market at ASDL and sod the rest of us - If this is not the case give us some more details and i will gladly apologise.
>
> Phil Bromley
>
>