cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address.

N/A

IP address.

How do kids - Cheesy

I moved house last week and was supposed to be reconnected tomorrow, but I checked today and it's working...sort of.

First off I could not connect useing the dial up connection, so I tried calling and the phone lines were busy, not a big deal I guessed there was a problem. so I looked in my router logs and it was telling me that the IP address I was trying was wrong, so I changed the IP address to one I found in the log and it worked - Cheesy

So anyway when moving house should my IP address change aswel? - or have I some how stole someone elses?
7 REPLIES
N/A

IP address.

I don't think your address should change if you are on a package with a static IP address - however IIRC BB+ users are on dynamic so it depends on your package.
Julie
Grafter

IP address.

Hi

You can check your Ip under your My Account details, by clicking the connection Settings link on the left hand side.

It will tell you whether you have a static or dynamic IP
N/A

IP address.

Hiya Solstans, I'm on BB Premier 2Mb, with a static IP address - :?
N/A

IP address.

Hiya julesj, In there it shows the IP address I was assigned when I first signed up - not the one I am useing to post this.
JonathanW
Grafter

IP address.

Some people might notice this at the moment, as due to the issues with our radius server people are occasionally being assigned a different IP address to the one on their account. This will be resolved once the underlaying connection issue is fixed.
N/A

IP address.

Ahhh, Cheers Jon, Should I continue using it for now or let it go for who ever it belongs too?
Community Veteran

IP address.

I would wait until this latest mess is under control before even considering logging off to try and reconnect to your original IP tbh!