cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile speed Vs BT Speedtester DSL Connection rate. HELP

N/A

Ok guys,
after leaving numerous messages for customer service and getting no response.
I would hope that someone from them reads this and does something.
I am just about to complete my 1st month with PN and i must say i am not a happy bunny.
I fully understand that my exchange has been on red etc..
but even still my speed set by PN is still far lower than my speed quoted on the BT speedtester page.
The one where BT calculate how fast i should be !!!

Am I correct in thinking that i should be getting a bit better than 3208kbps which is just less than my IP Profile of 3500kbps.
It should be more like 6000kbps maybe Huh
I am actually about 0.6km from my exchange.
my sync speed is on the up after I assume my exchange has been fixed though not updated on the webpage the date for the fix was yesterday the 3rd Nov.
I have had a sync speed of anything from 4.2 to 4.8 to 5.2 and finally tonight 6.0Mbps.
when i originally got connected 3 weeks ago my sync was around 7.8Mbps hopefully mine will increase still more once i do the reconnect thing.
What do I need to do to get my IP profile up to more like where it should be Huh?
Sad
thanks Dean
8 REPLIES
N/A

If you sync at over 6000kbps you should have an IP profile of 5000kbps at the least. Also your upload should be around 450 too, 250 seems a little odd...

There seems to be alot of cockups recently (i'm in the group) that have an IP profile nearly 1/2 of what they sync at.

But yeah, it seems like you have a stuck profile, and it's an absolute bugger to get PN to do anything about it...so good luck :S
N/A

thanks for that mamboboy..
well guess if they won't do anything about it, i'll be taking my business elsewhere..£47 penalty for leaving or not!
I left Tiscali cos they restricted me with their FUP but at least they were fast.
to be fair I only wanted an IP to see me through til Be comes to my area.
though if the IP was ok I would have stuck it out with them anyway.
8Mb is more than fast enough (or it would be if I could get it)
Dean
N/A

BT can take some time to raise your IP profile. If you have just hit 6000 and have been as low as 4200 recently then you should be thinking more like 3500 or 4000. Eventually you might get 5500 but your connection would have to remain over 6000. BT IP profiles are the devil to raise when they drop low due to disconnections.
N/A

If BT say your line profile is 3500, then you'll not get more than that regardless of what Plusnet change at there end. They need to ask BT to change it, and thats like trying to get blood out of a stone - even if PN (eventually) ask, there's no guarantee that BT will do anything (there favourite saying is stating that your current rate is adequate for broadband, and therefore will not look into fixing it unless you give them a large bag of cash)

My opinion: Screw BT, go Cable.
N/A

If BT say your line profile is 3500, then you'll not get more than that regardless of what Plusnet change at there end. They need to ask BT to change it, and thats like trying to get blood out of a stone - even if PN (eventually) ask, there's no guarantee that BT will do anything (there favourite saying is stating that your current rate is adequate for broadband, and therefore will not look into fixing it unless you give them a large bag of cash)

My opinion: Screw BT, go Cable.

thanks for info guys..

Believe you me, if we had cable I would be on it...
I was a telewesst customer for 3 Years before moving house.
and they were fantastic..
I WISH !!
N/A

how cool is this....

now i know i need to start looking elsewhere.!!!!
N/A

this has got to be the most hell 3 weeks ever endured with an ISP.

8Meg connection now running at under 1/2 a meg.

time to get my Mac code i think and as for the £47 fee to leave, I think trading standards and the Sale of goods act might have something to say about that.

I have never been with such a poor excuse for an ISP.
PN response to my problems run 3 BT speedtest tests and give them the results..
ok... I would if I could, that test is an absolute joke never works. maybe 1 out of 20 tries if your lucky.

For those of you reading this that are considering going with PN....DON'T!

anyone got any advise on who to go with next Huh?

Dean
N/A

now thats better.....Kinda !

Cheesy