cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP4 timeouts 07/03/2006 & IMAP4 support status

basil1970
Dabbler

My IMAP4 clients are timing out again tonight. I've raised a ticket.

The portal's ticket system infers that POP3 constitutes "standard email settings" for mail retrieval. There is also a ticket category for SMTP mail issues.

There doesn't appear to be one for IMAP4. I raised tickets for the timeouts under the "other email problems", or whatever it read exactly.

Given the text next to the POP3 category, that there was a category for SMTP, and that none seems to exist for IMAP4, does this mean that IMAP4 isn't supported at the same priority?
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

As far as priority within the support team is concerned there won't be any difference, but I'll take a look at the wizard as I hadn't realised that IMAP wasn't mentioned and I'll make sure it's updated. Thanks for pointing it out.

Regarding the actual problem, what are you seeing with IMAP, I've seen a couple of other reports and I'm having a look into it to see what's up?
basil1970
Dabbler

Green lights during IMAP4 email issues?

Thanks Dave. Doesn't look like it's me alone with this, indeed the reply to my ticket to customer services contains a response that your team is aware, and that some maintenence of the servers is required.

That's fine, but why is the service status for email set at green if you are aware of issues affecting service to customers?