cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE and Nuking problems?

N/A

IE and Nuking problems?

Hi, i posted this same topic here exactly 1 month ago,

Today again when i opened i opened up OutLook Express on XP it said "receiving mail" as normal, then quickly frooze up. i alsways have to turn the power off on PC, as it wont shut down normally when this happens, everything just feezes up. like the last time, and this lasted for two days solid last month. before sorting itself out, i have flushed the cache completly and scanned for virues, but nothing was found. this only happens when OutLook is connected to net and is trying to download the mail. But only this sender mails (i think as it's only 1 time per month when i get this newletter with the attachment)

Either it'a a bug every month, which dies down after a day or two.
OR

It's a certain email i get sent every month thats "nuking me" ? not possible is it?

The mail is from keith(something)@ftpplanet.com it contains an attachment every month.
i didn't ask for this mail, but they send it to you after you download WS_FTP client. (every 21 of month)

Im thinking this mail is doing it.
i just logged onto PlusNet web based mail to collect the mail and that was the only one there. so i deleted it. and im now going to try open up Outlook again and see if i still get my computer frooze while receiving mail.

If NOT then it's this mail, can this sender not be blocked?. not from Outlook as i cant get the mail to block it. but from getting to my PlusNet pop3 account?

OK im off to retry. if i don't come back then im nuked again.
--
Jason
=====
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: IE and Nuking problems?

OK im back Smiley
everything was OK when i ran OutLook again.
as i had deleted the mail on PlusNet web based service.

But can PlusNet not put a block on this sender for good. keith(something)@ftpplanet.com i cant remember the exact addy, as i deleted it.
but this will happen again next month again.

Cant this guy and his attachment email be blocked from my mail account?. this is whats messing up my computer for sure.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

> OK im back Smiley
> everything was OK when i ran OutLook again.
> as i had deleted the mail on PlusNet web based service.
>
> But can PlusNet not put a block on this sender for good. keith(something)@ftpplanet.com i cant remember the exact addy, as i deleted it.
> but this will happen again next month again.
>
> Cant this guy and his attachment email be blocked from my mail account?. this is whats messing up my computer for sure.
>
> --
> Jason
> =====

Hi Jason,

Initially I would suggest you try and unsubscribe from the mailing list. If it is a legitimate mailing list (i.e not spam) they should have no problem in removing your e-mail address.

If you have no succes with this we can block mail from a specific e-mail address to your account, you can request this via Contact Us however we will need the exact address that needs blocking.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support..................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

Thanks Rob.

I will go to the site i downloaded WS_FTP and see if i can unsubscribe from their mailing lists.

www.ftpplanet.com or www.ftplanet.com i think it was. I got WS_FTP three months ago, so not sure but will have a look.

Thanks again.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Nope NO unsubscribe option, only a subscribe option. at: http://www.ftpplanet.com/newsletter/

I'll just have to wait till next month when it crashes me again, and i'll log into PlusNet web mail and get the exact senders address next time before i delete it.

It's a good thing PlusNet has web based email, not only for accessing mail out of home or country, but for reasons like this too, when your web browser crashes. if PlusNet didn't have web based mail, i wouldnt have been able to delete this mail and solve the problem. So thats a good thing!.

The portal is really a great invention. i use it lots to sort out domains, subs and account settings. aswell as web mail and set up extra boxes. not much you can't do with it yet, appart from the auto-responders.

:-)
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Hi Jason

It is possible you have a bit of a virus there. I'd suggest a good ol' virus scan.

Kind regards
Lyndon

> Nope NO unsubscribe option, only a subscribe option. at: http://www.ftpplanet.com/newsletter/
>
> I'll just have to wait till next month when it crashes me again, and i'll log into PlusNet web mail and get the exact senders address next time before i delete it.
>
> It's a good thing PlusNet has web based email, not only for accessing mail out of home or country, but for reasons like this too, when your web browser crashes. if PlusNet didn't have web based mail, i wouldnt have been able to delete this mail and solve the problem. So thats a good thing!.
>
> The portal is really a great invention. i use it lots to sort out domains, subs and account settings. aswell as web mail and set up extra boxes. not much you can't do with it yet, appart from the auto-responders.
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Jason
> =====

Community Veteran

> Hi Jason
>
> It is possible you have a bit of a virus there. I'd suggest a good ol' virus scan.
>
> Kind regards
> Lyndon
>

He says in the first massage that he already has scaned for a virus??

What may be worthwhile thoug Jason is to insall "mailwasher"
I came across this about a week ago on one the forums here. and it seems to be quite good.
What it does is to open your webmail and show you what is waiting. You then select what options to take with the mail. Either do nothing or delete, bounce it and Blacklist it.
Next time you get mail from the same address the options are remembered and all you have to do is push the button.
It also has filters you can set up so that certain words in a mail will set up the actions.
Its free and if you don't like it then you can always uninstall it.
Available from.
http://www.mailwasher.net

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

Hi Jason

I was scrolling down through this thread thinking you definitely need MailWasher and then John told you - that's the way to go for sure!

Go for the latest beta version (2.0.16b) - seems pretty stable and is very fast.

Tim