cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID: 4476878 - Thanks guys :)

N/A

ID: 4476878 - Thanks guys :)

As requested by Alex, I have tested the throughput and it all seems fine. I have also updated the problem portal.

Big thank you to Mike, Rob, Alex and anyone else at plus.net who was involved in this one.
I know in some of my posts I must come across as a whinging git, but it was pure frustration on my behalf.

I'm very surprised at BT resolving this so quickly, ooeer I am praising BT? Smiley

Darran.

6 REPLIES
Firejack
Grafter

RE: ID: 4476878 - Thanks guys :)

I'm glad your problems are finally sorted Darran.
I'm sure everyone is willing to overlook your frustration as it can't be easy running a business and losing money because something you've paid for isn't working.
Anyway it looks like I won't be having to request this forum be renamed "Darran of DG Systems help Lab" after all Tongue

Just out of curiosity. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I ask what the fault was? This little drama has been more interesting than Emmerdale.... then again. That isn't hard ;-)

I wonder which sucker will be next to suffer from BT's incompetence..... ?

Happy surfing mate.

Andrew.
rslsys
Grafter

Looks like the loonies have taken over the asylum, no +net staff posts since 13:41 today. Must all have been sorting out your problem instead of sitting on desks, milling about and generally enjoying themselves (see webcams for source of irony)
Firejack
Grafter

he he :lol I do like those webcams... especially since we can now all amuse ourselves by drawing a goatee beard on all the staff Shocked .... if only it didn't damage our monitors D'oh!

Later.
N/A

> I'm glad your problems are finally sorted Darran.
> I'm sure everyone is willing to overlook your frustration as it can't be easy running a business and losing money because something you've paid for isn't working.
> Anyway it looks like I won't be having to request this forum be renamed "Darran of DG Systems help Lab" after all Tongue
>
> Just out of curiosity. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I ask what the fault was? This little drama has been more interesting than Emmerdale.... then again. That isn't hard ;-)
>
> I wonder which sucker will be next to suffer from BT's incompetence..... ?
>
> Happy surfing mate.
>
> Andrew.

'Emmerdale' LOL!
The problem was my 2Mbit 20:1 ADSL having a throughput of a 56K dial up.
Anyway thankfully it's all resolved now.

All along I knew this was a BT issue and not caused by plus.net.
Thanks again plus.net team and once again I apologise for venting my frutstation at you.

Darran

N/A

Fantastic Cheesy

That'll teach me to answer posts in chronological order :p

Lets hope your 512 connection becomes nothing but an unpleasant memory Wink

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Congrats in getting you DSL fixed Darran, BT are supposed to fix mine today, im not sure whether to hold my breath throw some salt over my shoulder keep everything crossed or consult a medium.

And whats wrong with Emmerdale, im glad Bernice is taking a hike, im forced to watch Emmerdale because i dont have ADSL well thats my excuse and im sticking to it Smiley

Ali