Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like some assurance from the top

N/A

I am so close to sending PN packing .... BUT

1. Can I be bothered with the fuss? ....... Not really

2. Speed tests for me on D/L www.adslguide.org.uk are 945 good for a 1 meg line.

BUT there again

3. Emails have been sloppy for the last week or so............ I WANT TO KNOW THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT PN ARE WORKING THERE ARSE OFF TRYING TO SORT OUT... Can someone in authority confirm this?

4. Browsing is very poor to say the least..... the contention ratio of 20-1 for the premier accout that once was clamed now seems not to be claimed........ HAS THIS BEEN SCRAPED AND ITS NOW 50-1 ... It feels to me that the contention is now only 50-1..........Can someone in authority confirm this?

SO

If someone in authority can confirm that the poor service of late is the result of problems and not the NEW PN structure.

I will stay.......
54 REPLIES
N/A

I guess I am not going to get any reasurance!

Does this meen that no one with any position of any authority within PN bothers to venture into the forums?

Or is it due to the fact no reasurance can be given.

Or am I just asking to much.
James
Grafter

Hi there,

If you have a look at the announcement I posted yesterday, you'll see that we've spent a lot of time and work in improving our network resiliency. If you do continue to receive email problems, let us know we'll raise it internally.
N/A

Thanks for the reply but with all due respect I did not ask if any info had been posted somewhere on this forum which I have to traul through to find....

I am asking direct questions...

I am looking for answers, not riddles
N/A

James,

I've read the service updates you've posted and whilst it's good to be informed about work that has been undertaken, I think care needs to be taken not to prematurely declare it a success.

Phrases such as "expert networks team" ("networks team" sufficiently describes who they are! Wink ) and declaring that the work done has "improved matters after previous instability" whilst there was an open service status because of ongoing portal problems, are likely to irritate people who are experiencing continuing issues, in my opinion.

Wise words from the CEO of Marks & Spencer this week:

"I'm a cautious man...I prefer to under-promise and over-deliver". Wink
James
Grafter

And I replied stating that an announcement was posted with details of the work that we have been doing to improve the recent instability.

No riddles there.
N/A

Unfortuntely the forum is not a one to one support mechanism. If you require answers to direct questions or specific information then the ticket system is the route for that.
N/A

Unfortunately the ticket system is fundamentally flawed as it is staffed inadequately by people not skilled enough to provide a proper level of service.
N/A

Looks like I am not going to get a straight answer to straight questions.....

Poor show
Alecto
Grafter

Interestingly enough, fingers old boy, there isn't a single comment "from the top" in reply to you. But members of (albeit junior) management do come on to the forum and post when they feel like it. . Clearly they don't feel like it.
N/A

Just goes to show when a "real" question is asked here. The forum shows its self for what it is.......

A waste of database space....

Occupied by poor PN customers and MODS, none of which can answer any serious questions.

It sadly once was very good in the good old days, I remember posting a few questions (which are not there no more) in the start and being amazed at the quality of responce from "qualified" staff.

I really don't think I am asking to much (see first post) do I have to put it in writing to the company?
N/A

Unfortunately you are asking too much.
Support tickets are for the most part responded to by illiterates with no idea about what's going on, often with cut and paste answers.
Service Status updates, once a great asset to the company, have become nothing more than half-thought out denials of problems and a route for marketing spin.
Please don't take issue with the moderators though, those without the official PlusNet monikers, whether normal forum members, moderators or administrators are all customers, just like you and me. They put in their spare time to try to help and keep things running smoothly. They are for the most part the 'good guys' Smiley
N/A

Sadly I think the only way of getting a straight answer out of PN at the moment would be to ask the people from MI5/MI6 if they need some targets to practice their interogation skills on.
N/A

/me falls of of perch
N/A

I don't believe that the lack of timely, meaningful communication on these forums is anything new - it's cyclical. Basically Plusnet stumble from one disaster to the next and learn nothing from past mistakes.

We had Stewart Norriss on here last Autumn as the then newly appointed Comms Team Leader, saying that there had been mistakes in the past but everything was going to change. Remember the Vision for 2006?

Then we had the return of the prodigal son, Ian Wild, earlier this Spring, with the avowed intention of working closely with Stewart Norriss and Neil Armstrong in order to makesure that Plusnet didn't repeat the sorry mistakes of the past. Earlier this week, we learn on ADSL Guide that Ian has only within the last two weeks initiated work on addressing the communications failings. Doesn't seem like it's a priority any more......

Now we've got poor old James Bailey, who's a real decent guy and who's only mistake was to be working for a decent ISP that Plusnet swallowed up. This unfortunate event has subsequently seen him suckered into the PR disaster known as Plusnet and has placed him in a position where he is having to loyally defend the indefensible.

The only thing that's going to end this unholy mess is for Plusnet to be taken over itself, which going by today's speculation seems on the cards.

In that eventuality, you'll see the official line being spun that it's all for the good of the customer with tired old phrases like "increased resources" and "product compatability " being trotted out.