cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish BT would tell the truth

LiamM
Grafter

I'm currently victim of a BT Major Service Outage that is isolated to my exchange, as shown here.

The estimated clear time is 08:25 this morning. No actual clear time as yet, I'm still not able to connect to broadband, nor are a number of my referrals on the exchange.

I wish BT would update their information and not lie about it when they do.

Surely they would have known they couldn't have it completed by 8:25. Pff. It's nearly 3 hours later than that now.

Rant Over.

PS. I don't know how I ever lived with dialup.... so slooooow.....
29 REPLIES
N/A

Shew, thats a lot of peeps without service.
Community Veteran

BT's MSO clear times arent when they expect to actually do it by, its the time that thier SLA dictates it should be fixed by.

Chris
craigbrass
Grafter

They should make that more clear then fa55 *winks*
N/A

BT make something clear - it would never catch on *laughs*
craigbrass
Grafter

Well in my opinion, soon enough, the UK will become WI-FI enabled for most of it and people will use Fast Internet Connection + Voice Over IP Phone via it. That will really give BT a kick up the back side to improve things....
N/A

But we'll still need BT lines for the access, at least for the time being, as most of the access points dotted about the place are simply wireless boxes plugged into broadband lines.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Liam,

That MSO is showing as clear, according the notes from BT Wholesale there wasn't any incident at all and the alert was sent in error.
N/A

Not sure which is worse... setting an MSO then not fixing by the advertised time or setting an MSO with no fault actually existing.
N/A

Well .......

Liam said "I'm still not able to connect to broadband, nor are a number of my referrals on the exchange." so it's not just an isolated fault on his line.

Now, bearing in mind what Chris said, "BT's MSO clear times arent when they expect to actually do it by, its the time that thier SLA dictates it should be fixed by.", I suppose good honest BT wouldn't pull a stunt like *pretending* the alert was an error to cover the fact that they didn't fix it in time .......

...... then at about 4 p.m this afternoon, by *pure* coincidence, announce that there's suddenly been a MSO affecting this exchange, giving a "clear time" of, say, 6 p.m. which, wonder of wonders, they will actually achieve.

Or is that just too clever for BT? Wink
N/A

Re: I wish BT would tell the truth

PS. I don't know how I ever lived with dialup.... so slooooow.....

I agree with you, I was fixing a friends pc, and trying to download a piece of software for it 8mb...............30 bleedin minutes
LiamM
Grafter

That MSO is showing as clear, according the notes from BT Wholesale there wasn't any incident at all and the alert was sent in error.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry or what?

Clearly that is incorrect. I cannot connect on three of my own lines. 2 at work, 1 at home. I've also had a friend on BT Yahoo ring me today asking if I'm down because he is too, and 2 referrals in the village cannot get on either.

We are all getting sync, but the PPP is connecting to the ISP. It's still not fixed.

This dialup is killing me.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Actually, it looks as though it's been re-identified and added to this MSO

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php?id=14297

At least the area code is.
LiamM
Grafter

Looks like it yep. Though I have just this second managed to log on on one of my lines. I'll try the others.
craigbrass
Grafter

As it has been down for longer than 2 hours, doesn't the SLA entitle you to money back?