cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to leave this sinking company Plus Net

N/A

Well

i see a lot of you out there want to do the same, leave this sinking poor quality serive Plus.net behind.

I am having terrible issue's like others out there and all they are interested in is trying to charge me stupid fee's.

So i have decided that if they want to play like this, I will play back.

I am going to personally post as much bad publicity about this company and it's services on as many websites as I can. I will also spread the word to colleagues and friends not to join them.

I guarantee by the time I finish they will have lost more money than they will have by giving me my MAC key.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Edited title from all caps as it is considered shouting and rude]
25 REPLIES
N/A

Listen first of all tell us your Price Plan. eg BB+
Then are you on a monthly contract.
When did you join PlusNet and why do you wish to leave?
N/A

I am on the Broadband + package on yearly contract.

I joined in September and the service was brilliant for about 4 - 6 weeks.

Then all of a sudden in the evenings data transfer was getting slower and slower and slower.

They say they can do nothing about it and it's a problem at the exchange with contention.

There are others in the same street on different ISPs who are not experiencing any issues.
N/A

If you are suffering from exchange contention there is nothing Plus Net can do other than report it to BT.

What exchange are you on?

The fact that other people may not be experiencing the same slowdowns as you is not an indication that your exchange is not congested. They might be connected to a different VP than you.
N/A

It's the Maesglas exchange.

I honestly do not believe that it's a contention issue in the exchange, although I know what your saying about the Virtual Path.

Maybe the circuit is built wrong, but i doubt it.

I think this is down to Plus.net and they know it.
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

What're you doing when you see the slow speeds? Is it on everything, web browsing and downloading, or only if you're trying to use something such as P2P traffic?

The latter being slow would be due to the fact that you're on a Broadband Plus.
N/A

I very rarely download anything or use P2P.

It is simple web browsing.

There is no particular site and it only happens in the evenings. The service is okay during the day.

On occasions I have had to stop using the computer in the evening's as browsing comes to a stop and I constantly get time out error's.
LiamM
Grafter

Are you using a modem or a router? Do you have any firewall / antivirus software running? Is your system free from spyware etc..?
N/A

Exchange looks fine but it is a newly enabled exchange.
Not many people on tha exchange.
N/A

Have you tried the BT Speed Test when you see these slowdowns?

If so can you post the results?

Have you tried any speed tests?

When are you seeing the slowdowns and what are you doing when they occur?
JonathanW
Grafter

Going on what you say, its possible that there's a contention issue at the exchange. Though due to the way the BT system works its not being reported on the usertools exchange checker yet.
LiamM
Grafter

As Mark has mentioned, if you run a BT speedtest during the peak hours and still receive slowdowns, then it's definately not a Plusnet issue and would be the same whatever ISP you're with.

As for 'sinking ISP', I think their customer figures and latest results prove the exact opposite.
N/A

I have gone to the speedtest site and the results are fine, in fact they are really good.

But as soon as I connect back to Plus.net the browsing comes to an almost stop again.

I am using a Baffallo router with built in firewall.

As mentiooned though there are no issue's during the day so the setup to me is fine.

I have AV software running fully up to date and I check for spyware daily.
N/A

Stephen.

According to BT the exchange was enabled in June 2004.

I'd love to know how you can tell that there arent many people connected to it.

You must have access to some good info. Care to point me towards it? Smiley
N/A

I have exactly teh same problem and PLUS NET ARE DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT. Anyone out there going to help me?
Matt Davis