cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've had it, I've tried so hard to stay...

N/A

OK, this has become a joke.

Plusnet turned on INTERLEAVING on my circuit to see if it would stop my disconnects, it didn't, I wasn't consulted they just did it as part of "trying to help" me. At first I just said, fine turn it off again please, I play games online and it sucks badly.

To cut a very long story short I'm now at the end of my patience. 6 WEEKS!!! later I am still trying to get it turned off. I've spoken to 5 different support people who were all very pleasant and nice and apologised for what had happened and promised to get it turned off again. Here I am, still not turned off.

What has completely pissed me off now is that they have closed the call!! Without even telling me, Interleaving is STILL ON and I've just called to complain. 1 Hour queue, and that bloody stupid form filling system to create a new call. How can anyone put up with this? Basically it's pushing customers away.

I'm off now and my 6 referrals with me. It's a bloody joke and the poorest customer service I have ever seen.

From the best to the worst, I loved this ISP they did exactly what they said on the tin. Now it's just a mess and bright customer should leave.

Tony

PS Plusnet if you actually read these forums here is my call log please re-open it to have any chance of keeping me and my friends as a customer.

-------------------------------------------------
link:CSA Removed CSC Analyst 8:55am, Monday 23rd October 2006
Dear Mr Tony,
I've now submitted a new manual order to turn off interleaving for you.

This will complete in 5 working days.

Regards,
link:CSA removed

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): CS Agents name removed : Posting these is not permitted. : link:rules ]
8 REPLIES
N/A

Easy answer: Raise a new ticket. Tell them you refuse to pay for the service between today up until the date on which interleaving is turned off, as previously promised (and quote the ticket number).

Don't cancel your payments though. Either PN shouldn't take payment (they no doubt still will do though) because you've instructed them that you aren't paying, or they'll have to re-credit you the money they took afterwards. Reason for not stopping the payment method is that obviously you want to resume payment once the service is "ok" again, and also that you don't want to fall the wrong side of the T&C's by not making payment, because then PN could claim that you're not paying and just get difficult about it claiming you've got a debt, etc...

Putting the emphasis on PN to do something about it, by them not getting your subscription fee for the time at which you are unhappy, should hopefully get PN to buck their ideas up a bit and actually do something about it. Or, if they're prepared to take the hit on the lost money caused by the inconvenience that they're causing you, they can obviously take longer (as long as it's still reasonable) to solve it. Of course though, if they take too long to solve it make sure you escalate the issue through the appropriate complaints system.

It's oh so simple. It's a bit like a Customer Charter, introduced by the Customer. Just think what an amazing place PN would be if we all did this, and PN's bean counters thought "crikey, there really are problems, we'd better get things fixed so as people actually pay us for the service..." :shock:
N/A

Although I must add, you've not had five full working days since the date of that ticket... Had you previously been promised it before then?
N/A

ukdsl. This started on the 23rd September 2006. I've been promised 4 times the 5 day turn off period. Enough is enough. It's a bloody disgrace.

If it isn't fixed today I'm going to paste up the whole support call log so everyone can see it, it's hilarious, as long as you are not me.
N/A

I must agree. Plusnet used to be great, but now the service is terrible and the support is laughable.
N/A

Interleaving

Cannot understand why you are asking PN to turn off interleaving
if you click on connection settings on the left there's an icon there to turn it off yourself, at least there is on mine.
ady
Grafter

i guess that only on premier services ;p
N/A

When PN implemented the icon, they said that the icon was only there for BT connections, not LLU connections, which would probably explain why the OP was raising a ticket to ask for it?

If the OP is on BT, then I've no idea.
N/A

Re: Interleaving

Cannot understand why you are asking PN to turn off interleaving
if you click on connection settings on the left there's an icon there to turn it off yourself, at least there is on mine.

It'd be worth noting that not everyone has that button. I don't have it (but then I'm told it's already switched off, after PN removed the previous interleaving "on" which was set when my fault was mis-reported to BT), so maybe it only appears when interleaving has been set to "on"?