cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've had enough, I'm off

N/A

I've had enough, I'm off

Well, its been a strange time with Plusnet

I signed up with PN on December 2001 (Yep, thats right, 2001) and have been using their services happily, until the changes that have caused everyone so much grief.

I'm just tired of the way that customers have been treated. In the past few years, I have not felt like a valued customer. I have stuck with you guys through thick and thin, but its getting beyond a joke now.

I cannot use P2P at peak times, even when I am under my 20Gb Cap. I haven't used my ADSL excessively (One month my total usage was 6Gb) and have tried to schedule downloads for off peak, but its not enough.

I would like to think that a lot of people have been patient for a long time with PN, but I've just had it. I've got my MAC code, and I've already contacted another company to reprovide me with ADSL and home phone. I hope Utility Warehouse can offer me what PN can no longer.

Good luck to all that are staying, I think things will get worse before they get better.
11 REPLIES
James
Grafter

I've had enough, I'm off

You may be interested to read service status, which states that we have just implemented another BT Central.
N/A

I've had enough, I'm off

James, belive me when I say that my issue has been building with PN for a good while, not just with the issue of speed.

I was moving address, as I had recently purchased a house, and it was impossible to speak to someone regarding billing issues. When I told PN that i did not have a credit card, I was told that I couldn't use my Direct Debit instructions to pay the moving fee. I couldn't speak to anyone, and as stressful as buying a place is, PN did nothing to help until I complained. All this was for the sake of a £6 admin fee.

As much as I hope that the new hardware helps PN and its user base, I think there are underlying issues to be dealt with in the way customers are treated.

Its a shame because I would like to say that my first 3 years or so with PN were absolutely the best I could hope for, but now things seem to be falling apart. Customer loyalty is one thing, and I hope that I've been loyal enough with the time I've remained a PN customer, but the service I'm getting is just not good enough for me to stay.
egor44
Grafter

I've had enough, I'm off

Ditto, Shirow.

I have also been here a while and like you, am fed up with the service. My usage over the last 3 months comes to approx. 10gb TOTAL, and i am sure i am being throttled/shaped , whatever. On contacting customer services, i am told i am using 1-2 gb peak @ maximum and there is no shaping or tags on my account. If that is true, then the service really is dire.

I have also requested a mac key.

Good Luck, Plusnet.

Time to go.
N/A

I've had enough, I'm off

Yes I am now joining the exodus as well. I have a slightly higher level of usage.

Speeds are just totally unacceptable during peak periods averaging about 300 kbps (compared to 2000 kbps off peak). I rather pay a few quid extra a month and get decent service / speeds. As soon as I get my MAC (now requested) I am off to UKFSN.

Tata
_lecro_
Grafter

I've had enough, I'm off

Bye
N/A

I've had enough, I'm off

Already gone and the grass is greener!
N/A

I've had enough, I'm off

Yes I am now joining the exodus as well. I have a slightly higher level of usage.

Speeds are just totally unacceptable during peak periods averaging about 300 kbps (compared to 2000 kbps off peak). I rather pay a few quid extra a month and get decent service / speeds. As soon as I get my MAC (now requested) I am off to UKFSN.

Tata

I'm looking for another ISP as well and it doesn't help when the free migration offer doesn't apply to anyone on LLU....erm that's about another £50 to the cost.
N/A

Off Peak Usage

I would like to know when the off peak usage allowance was slashed and when were we notified. The first I realised was when I got a notification I had used my limit and a charge for extra usage was applied to my account. Checking usage levels I see the off peak allowance has been cut to 3GB.

I too think it's time to go else where.
Mand
Grafter

I've had enough, I'm off

Hi there,

What package are you on? PAYG is the only package where you are charged for additional usage, but it doesn't have a set off peak allowance. You can, however, download between midnight and 8am and this does not count towards your paid for usage.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Off Peak Usage

I would like to know when the off peak usage allowance was slashed and when were we notified. The first I realised was when I got a notification I had used my limit and a charge for extra usage was applied to my account. Checking usage levels I see the off peak allowance has been cut to 3GB.

Just guessing, but are you on PAYG and did you think that daytime usage (8am to 4pm) was off-peak?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Re: Off Peak Usage

Have to admit that I don't have a clue what you're referring to.

1 - There isn't an off peak allowance
2 - It wasn't slashed
3 - I think you're confusing your product