cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid £40 plus my monthly fee for a no go service!!

brettking24
Grafter

This is a update,i moved house and wanted to take my broadband with me,i kept the same tel number and over a week ago i paid to have my service changed to my new address and yet my internet conection is still not on!it hasnt even been stopped at the old address yet which was ment to be done yesterday,i spoke to bt and they said its down to plusnet which as plusnet advised me to call bt(yet i thought i pay plusnet for a service!!)bt said the done deal with 3rd partys.its mad as my line is live at my new address.

what makes me realy angry is i was promised this shouldnt take to long and plus net took a £40 fee of me plus im still paying monthly so that makes it £62 for a service i havent got!
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Strobez,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems. I should tell you that if you move your broadband service to a different address using the same telephone number, it can take up to 10 working days to get everything working again.

There is another method called a "simultaneous" cease and reprovide which means everything is done on the same day, but sometimes this can go horribly wrong.

I understand your frustrations, but please bear with them another day or so, but I'll ask that this is looked at so that you can have a positive response.

Kind regards,

Roger.

Edited to put some additional information in the post.
brettking24
Grafter

ok .....

Ok i now have to go but will check for a reply tommorrow afternoon,i wait for a positive response
James
Grafter

Hi Strobez,

I'm not in work right now, but if noone else picks this one up I'll take a look in the morning.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi there,

Due to limitations with BT Wholesale's systems it is not possible to place two orders on the same number at the same time.

When reproviding your broadband, two things need to happen. We 'cease' the service on your old line and then 'reprovide' the service at the new address. This is considered two separate orders by BT's system and both take 7 days or so to complete. When moving to a new telephone number the orders can be overlapped. When keeping the same number though the previously mentioned limitation means the orders have to be placed one after the other.

When you alter the details BT hold in their systems they will sometimes place the 'cease' order on your old line themselves. This seems to be what's happened. The order in the system to cancel your old service is due for completion on the 25/06/2007. This was the date set by BT and even if we could cancel it and place the order ourselves that would only serve to delay things.

Once the order is complete, we need to place the 'provide' at your new address. This will unfortunately take a further 7 days to complete however if you contact us when you're back up and running we will be happy to credit you for the time you have been without an active service on either line.

It's not ideal I know, but like other ISPs, we're sadly bound by the limitations of some of the systems and processes we have to use/follow.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

James
Grafter

I've also written about house moves in detail as a blog post on the Community site, which may be of interest.

http://community.plus.net/csc/2007/05/28/house-moves-processes-payments-and-problems/