cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I miss old Webmail. (RIP)

N/A

Why is ability of having all your multiple email account messages, previously shown in your inbox at the same time, removed?

Along the same lines, why now do you have to log into every individual multiple account? With the old one you never did.

I cilck on one of my pop3 accounts and the length of time I'm waiting after I enter my password is abysmal. It's quicker to open a new window and type the url and log in the way I did years ago. i.e Before the last Webmail.

A nice interface does not a user friendly application make..........

RIP old Webmail. Cry
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: I miss old Webmail. (RIP)

Why is ability of having all your multiple email account messages, previously shown in your inbox at the same time, removed?

The new webmail software is a 3rd party application that does not have the same features as the old PlusNet in-house developed version so it was not possible to keep this feature or add it to the new version as PlusNet are no longer the developers of the software.

Along the same lines, why now do you have to log into every individual multiple account? With the old one you never did.

The old webmail was integrated into the portal so there was no requirement to login again. The new webmail is stand-a-lone and running on it's own servers so it is necessary to login to it each time you use it. Also each mailbox is completely separate so a separate login is required each time.

I cilck on one of my pop3 accounts and the length of time I'm waiting after I enter my password is abysmal. It's quicker to open a new window and type the url and log in the way I did years ago. i.e Before the last Webmail.

The speed issue is being looked at and has been reported by severa others. No idea when the speed will improve but it does not appear to be the same for everyone.
N/A

Hi There

You do not have to login to every mailbox you can just login with your username of embleton and password you will see all the messages sent to your root account.
channel
Grafter

Re: I miss old Webmail. (RIP)

[
The new webmail software is a 3rd party application that does not have the same features as the old PlusNet in-house developed version so it was not possible to keep this feature or add it to the new version as PlusNet are no longer the developers of the software.

[

Was it a 3rd party application purchased off the shelf or was it bespoke?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The webmail is a piece of software called @mail. You can see their website at

http://www.atmail.com

The package includes the full source code so we can make changes to it, for example fixing bugs in the code or adding our own branding.
N/A

stewnorriss,

It's the ability to retrieve all emails into my inbox from non-plus.net pop3 accounts that I miss.
N/A

Talking of web mail, I set up a mailbox, and cannot access the set up for folders.
When I click on the folders icon I get a message that says:

Restrictaed Access.
Sorry but you do not have the correct connect access rights to view this page.

I only want to be able to set up a folder or two other than the default ones available any ideas please :?
Community Veteran

You must use IMAP option to create and view new folders. POP3 does not support folders.

If you are using IMAP, then raise a contact us ticket as it should work, even with the simple view.
N/A

Ok, thank you Peter, I shall try that out.
N/A

It took me a while to find my original post. There are so many problems concerning new Webmail it's unbelievable.

I have tried to send a message with an attachment. 202Kb jpeg. I attached it ok and it was showing in the mail message. Clicked Send, and the recipient called me 5 mins later to ask where the attachment was. I'll be damned if I know or PlusNet know either.

Sent it using trusty Hotmail instead.

What is going on.

RIP old Webmail. Cry Cry
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi embleton,

I just sent a test email via @mail to myself and CC you in from your account. It had an attachment on. I received the email with the attachment.

what interface are you using? Ie simple, advanced?

If you still have a problem, please raise a ticket with all the information on and we can investigate further.
N/A

Luke,

I was using the Simple i'face. I tried a test myself with Advanced and it was ok. I will use it instead and raise a ticket if it happens again.

Thanks,
Philip.
Community Veteran

Now this is strange - I had exactly the same thing happen to me something like a month ago - however, I just shrugged my shoulders and thought it was one of those things. Cheesy Maybe there is a little problem after all...

Thomas
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

We have had problems with attachments with @mail in the past and I believe the one you are talking about Thomas was resolved. This is why I tested it myself just to make sure it had not returned.

I too use the simple interface (I use Mozzila here).

Please let us know if you get any further issues.
shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You are very "OFF message" and have not done your homework. The Plusnet spin doctors have decreed that the new Webmail service is wonderful and that everyone adores it. There are no problems and no speed delays and attachments do not go missing nor do files or folders. It is all in our imagination. This is the official Plusnet line on 5th January :

Another task I undertook recently (it was November I believe) was to use a 'quasi-scientific' method for assessing customer feedback on our webmail service: I went through all the posts on all the threads on the topic in this forum that month, and for each one I assigned either a +1 if it was basically positive about webmail, a -1 if it was basically negative, and a 0 if it was ambivalent. I was pleased to find the final result was around +30. We took this information (granted with all its subjectivity and flawed methodology - but it was still a useful yardstick), coupled with a sharp decrease in speed-related complaints after the hardware improvements, to mean that we are moving in the right direction as far as webmail performance is concerned.
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23536&start=30

So please can everyone get back ON message ? Plusnet does not want to hear any more of this mutinuous talk ! Repeat after me : New Webmail is wonderful, New Webmail is wonderful, New Webmail is wonderful, New Webmail is wonderful, New Webmail is wonderful, New Webmail is wonderful, New Webmail is wonderful, New Webmail is wonderful, New Webmail is wonderful, New Webmail is wonderful ....