cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm tired...

N/A

I'm tired...

of waiting till 3-4am in the morning to be able to download something with decent speeds. I'm not going to bother getting into details as u all know already the issue... I'm just soo P.ssed that I cant even describe my anger with words or anything else...

Oh lord please skip the time to the month where my contract ends so I can move to another ISP... :x
16 REPLIES
johnmglen
Grafter

I'm tired...

Surely, this should bother Plus Net? Now they are to be joined at the hip with BT, there can be no excuse for this.

There is too much bad press for plus net lately - it probably ain't their fault most of the time either, but they take the cash so they're gonna get it off the customers.

PN, you've got to be bothered by comments like this - simply telling folk to run pointless tests again and again and again cannot be the solution. Once maybe - but 3,4,5 times - when it's the same each time........
dennisb66
Grafter

I'm tired...

I completely agree with John's comments above.I have to ask myself if the incentive of a reduction of £5.50pcm.and a chance to win a Volkswagon Golf, has been introduced because of a higher than normal number of people leaving +net. Wink
thePhoolish
Grafter

I'm tired...

Surely, this should bother Plus Net? Now they are to be joined at the hip with BT, there can be no excuse for this.

There is too much bad press for plus net lately - it probably ain't their fault most of the time either, but they take the cash so they're gonna get it off the customers.

Yeah, I don't think it's all down to +net, I know of lots of people in my local area with rubbish download speeds.

The thing that pisses me off though, is paying £22 a month for a 13k download speed, and if I want to downgrade it'll cost me £15! :x
plusnetsux
Grafter

I'm tired...

somethings really fucked when you have to downgrade to payg (at cost) to get higher speeds than on 'premier'.
N/A

Gone beyond a joke...

...that download speeds off usenet has collapsed. Under Premier, Premier!!!! ,service I am getting 7KB/sec. When queried to support on numerous occasions, I get the same answer - it's really hard to define minimum levels of speeds and it's not our fault we cannot figure it out.

Plus.Net days are numbered with this form of response. If the bandwidth is not there - simply be honest about it -charge the monies you need to to deliver the service you promise to deliver - i.e. 8Mb speeds.

There will be a stampede from plus.net as users contracts expire - stop treating us like we are stupid - we understand how broadband works, we understand you have to buy bandwidth of BT, we understand you have to limit performance to allow performance for all - so introduce a service thats designed for download and let people pay for it.

Oh silly me you did that and called it Premier Option - we all bought in and now find it does not deliver that service at all.

Plus.Net - I realise things have changed now big bad BT has arrived - but this is a sad way to end what once was a great service.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: I'm tired...

of waiting till 3-4am in the morning to be able to download something with decent speeds. I'm not going to bother getting into details as u all know already the issue... I'm just soo P.ssed that I cant even describe my anger with words or anything else...

The way the network is designed is that the best download speeds for file transfers will always be overnight. Priority is given to interactive traffic like web browsing and gaming and P2P/Usenet will get a lower priority. As the amount of interactive traffic decreases the amount of bandwidth available for downloads increases.

If you want the priority at peak times for downloading then the best option is to switch on to PAYG which gives all traffic a higher priority.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm tired...

Of course, we haven't made any secret that silver traffic isn't performing as we expect and that speeds are lower than they should be and we are working to try and resolve this. But even then the best speeds on downloads will still be either on PAYG or overnight.

PN, you've got to be bothered by comments like this - simply telling folk to run pointless tests again and again and again cannot be the solution. Once maybe - but 3,4,5 times - when it's the same each time........

The tests will need to be done because without them we are flying blind so to speak. If we just get a ticket from a customer saying they have slow speeds it doesn't mean much. Slow speeds on what type of traffic, when - all the time or just at peak. Does the BT speedtest show a low IP profile or exchange side contention?

All of these questions needs answering and sometimes they do need repeating. If we or BT attempt a fix we'll need to retest and that will mean doing the tests again to see if any of them are different.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm tired...

Yeah, I don't think it's all down to +net, I know of lots of people in my local area with rubbish download speeds.

Have you checked the exchange checker?

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/

There may be a known problem or capacity issue at your exchange.

is paying £22 a month for a 13k download speed, and if I want to downgrade it'll cost me £15! :x

The basic rule we have on downgrades is that if it's a decrease in subscription fee is it's a downgrade and will attract a regrade fee, if the subscription stays the same or increases then it's an upgrade and free. The main exception being if there's a BT product change.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm tired...

when you have to downgrade to payg (at cost) to get higher speeds than on 'premier'.

It's about how much each account type contributes towards bandwidth on a per GB basis. PAYG accounts contribute the most per GB as customers pay for the usage as they use it, the more they use the more they pay, therefore all traffic gets the highest priorities on the network.

Next comes Premier, it doesn't contribute as much per GB as PAYG so traffic like P2P and Usenet don't get as high a priority on the network. And then comes Broadband Plus which is lower than Premier.
waldron
Grafter

I'm tired...

Next comes Premier, it doesn't contribute as much per GB as PAYG so traffic like P2P and Usenet don't get as high a priority on the network. And then comes Broadband Plus which is lower than Premier.

I don't quite follow that argument. PAYG is £14.99, Plus is £14.99, Premier is £21.99 and they are allowed 2Gb, 4Gb and 20Gb per month respectively.
Dividing the cost by the GB per month, you get £7.50, £3.75 abd £1.10. So on that basis, Plus contributes more than Premier.
Am I missing something?
N/A

I'm tired...

One thing that has always IRKED me...

The definition of PREMIER -
First in status or importance; principal or chief

we pay the highest level of Monthly premium - should we not have the PREMIER levels of sevice too....
Zathras
Grafter

I'm tired...

What have definitons to do with advertising/selling?
N/A

I'm tired...

So (unfortunately) true
N/A

I'm tired...

Of course, we haven't made any secret that silver traffic isn't performing as we expect and that speeds are lower than they should be and we are working to try and resolve this.

Really? Working to resolve this takes 4 months then? How about giving me a refund for all the delays?

The tests will need to be done because without them we are flying blind so to speak. If we just get a ticket from a customer saying they have slow speeds it doesn't mean much. Slow speeds on what type of traffic, when - all the time or just at peak. Does the BT speedtest show a low IP profile or exchange side contention?

Yeah, when you're head is up your link:censored , one does tend to be unable to see things. Top tip PN, take your head out your link:censored , take a deep breath, and tell the truth: you don't know what to do.

All of these questions needs answering and sometimes they do need repeating. If we or BT attempt a fix we'll need to retest and that will mean doing the tests again to see if any of them are different.

yeah, but when everyones complaining about the same thing, do we need to keep telling you? And we are getting so tired of repeating ourselves...

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Removed attempt to bypass swear filter.