cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not sure if I've been Maxed?

jinje
Grafter

I'm not sure if I've been maxed and was wondering if I should be doing something here with my router or whatever? I've never had anything to do with the router to be honest but I have looked at the settings briefly but I'm unsure what I should be looking for. Can anyone please advise me?

I asked to be maxed on one of the discussion threads and was told it would be done in a few days - that was a good few weeks ago now which is why I've presumed that it has been done (but hey this is PlusNet!)

Thanks

Dawn
6 REPLIES
N/A

Can you post the make and model of the router, or if you look through the menu system (if their is one) you may find details like

(SNR) Noise Margin
Attenuation
Interleave
(Line) Speed

but post as much info as the router displays. It may be possible to deduce what your on from the stats provided.

Also can you post the figure found on this page:-
http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate&pn_session=c11bd690c82c8a382be6e51fabdb8b82
Mand
Grafter

Hi

You have indeed been Max'ed. Smiley

No further action should be required on your part.
jinje
Grafter

Hi,

Now that's funny, when I checked the link above it was saying 2000 but it has now miraculously changed to 8000!! Nevermind PlusNet it's done now and thanks for a speedy reply!

Dawn
Gavin & page
jinje
Grafter

I knew it was too good to be true!! I've just done a speed test and it is still showing as only 1786.8kbps. I realise that I shouldn't expect top speed all the time, but I did think it would be higher than that!

Will it take a few days to kick in properly?

Thanks

Dawn
N/A

It could take anything up to a week or two to kick in.

Mine moved from 2Mb to about 6Mb after 3 or 4 days if i recall correctly.
jinje
Grafter

Thanks, I'll just have to be a bit more patient then.

Thanks to everyone who answered to help me.