Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not complaining

Frogger
Grafter

I'm not complaining

F9 starts automatic Max upgrades
F9 offer opt in queue jump facility
I don't ask for queue jump as I like to let others try new systems first.
F9 promise email to advise when you are Max'd
F9 anounces the stop of automatic upgrades because of problems
(I was right to wait I thought)
Several days later I check my router line stats, I'm now in sync at over 4M.
No email from F9, but I'm max'd.
My MSR is still set at 2M, I'll reboot to allow the checking now and again as advised.
As I could only get 1M service before, I'm better off for doing nothing.

Odd as a friend who registered a queue jump request on a max'd exchange is still waiting.

All I want now is to see the MSR lifted, then I'll be happy.

It seems to do nothing is the way to get things done Wink

Colin
9 REPLIES
jfrank
Grafter

lol

Your luck might have just run out Tongue

You might be one of the lucky ones (like me) who is suffering from the buggy mass upgrade tool that BT rolled out far too quickly. You will be stuck on 2000 MSR until BT fix it or F9 go 'manual' on your butt Tongue
N/A

I'm not complaining

i've been syncing at 8128 for ages...since 15th june...
still stuck at msr 2mb though
i have zero confidence that it will change Smiley
N/A

I'm not complaining

Hi Colin,

Its extremely unlikely that your MSR will be lifted, you have to understand that the MSR is set by BT & BT's equipment NOT by F9 PlusNet. Rate adaptive means that BT's MAX DSL works out on the fly what the best performance of your line can be at anyone time (in theory!), it does this from a number of factors such as line length, distance from exchange, line noise (SNR), attenuation, etc,etc.

MAX DSL is a new rate adaptive broadband technology & the service is trained within the first 14days to work out what the MSR is. Look most users see 8000kbps on the first day of the training phase, then it usually drops down because the vast majority of people WONT see anything even close to 8megs (the service ISNT an 8megs service, its an "UPTO" a theoretically possible speed of 8megs, its NOT saying you will get this, its whats theoretically possible!!). Mine started off showing 8000kbps, then 7500, then 7000.

**NOTE: The MSR bears No! relationship to the actual or real speeds your connection will give you. In my case although the MSR was 7000kbps my real speeds were all over the show, anything from 1.7megs at worst to 4.2megs at best. To find your real speeds I found it best to run speed tests on third party speed testers as the BT & F9 tools were inconsistent & unreliable.

**I used the following site http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

**On MAX DSL you can expect to see real speeds from around 2megs if your abit further away from your exchange and upto about 4megs if your <1.2K from the exchange.

Ivan
jfrank
Grafter

msr-dsl-ffs

Wouldn't it be nice if some kind CS agent from F9 was to see this (or the other many) thread(s) concerning the BT BRAS bug and let us know if/when the problem will be sorted? Even a cloudy estimate would be something.

Is there any support out there? (((((((((((Echo))))))))))))

:twisted:
N/A

I'm not complaining

Hi,

If you want the hard truth, in a word NO!! THERE IS NO SUPPORT!! F9 PlusNet have withdrawn Almost all real support. Its why I just left F9 after 8 years its gone down the pan IMO. Cry They used to be so good many moons ago.

Ivan
jfrank
Grafter

support

Hi Cyteck,

Yes you're probably correct but I thought I might ween a response from someone if I was lucky.

I too remember the good 'ol days of F9 - although I'm showing as a member from 2003 I have been with F9 (through work) for many more years and it was the reason I decided to move over to them for my home broadband.

I think once the dust settles on Max (if ever it does) - It'll be easier to see what to do next from a consumer POV. I've heard a lot of talk about Nildram and Zen - out of interest - is it costing you any more for a similar package? I had a look and it seemed to sit around the same price but I didnt work it out £/GB Value.
ed
Grafter

I'm not complaining

All the problems could be fixed easily.

Sack 8mbps FUP off and give us back 2mbps Permier Unlimted

Noone asked for it anyway!

Cool
jfrank
Grafter

hehe

Agreed!

I'm get throttled at 2 meg so it wouldnt bother me as im not getting a worse service - BUT - I am! Because now im seeing the contention issues associated with Max (getting as low as 900Kbps at peak hrs) with none of the off-peak benefits of 8meg...

No LLU's on my exchange either or you wouldn't see me for smoke.
N/A

I'm not complaining

Hello jfrank,

OK!! I did do quite abit of market research before I made the move away from F9 PlusNet. I realised that I wanted an ISP that didnt have so many add-on's or bells & whistles which I didnt need such as CGI, Front Page extensions, MySQL, & vast amounts of web space I wouldnt have a use for.

However I definately didnt want an ISP who was trying to be a telecoms providor as well as an ISP either. In other words I wanted a rock solid no non-sense ISP who's tech support really did cut the mustard and did deliver a top class service. Yes! my new providor meets all my requirements, the migration was free because I already had a BT line, the line was already activated & I already had MAX DSL, didnt have any hardware from PlusNet so no outstanding costs there either, I was on an F9 Premier option 1 monthly contract and so I only had to request a MAC key and give 30days notice. Now I have one payment remaining before the move is completed.

Once I had the MAC key from F9, I placed an order with the new providor, & made a single payment online. I was switched over in about 36hrs, only one disconnection and that was me switched over.

**I choose a like for like package, from F9 Premier option1 MAX upto 8megs to a package called "active 8000" (8megs MAX DSL) which is only £3 per month more but there are some major noticable differences. Namely support is breath of fresh air & fast, just unbelievably quick.

So if you have a query you can phone up and speak to a real intelligent human being, who treates you with respect & isnt patronising nor jumps to non exsistent conclusions. Or alternatively, if you have a viable connection you can get support most of time via IRC in literally minutes.

But heres the real killer when you finish your support IRC session they even ask you if you would like a complete & accurate written transcription of the entire session. Pop in your email address & hit the button and you have a copy of the whole question & answer session from start to finish. The CS attitude is so positive, helpful & really friendly, these support people LIKE their customers and it shows.

**No peak & non peak non sense, no throttling, no shaping or traffic management just use the connection any time. The monthly allowence is only 20GB but as I'm a fairly lite used it suites me well. if you go over your limit for the month you can by extra GB at £1 per GB and any unsed GB's can be banked for future draw down.

**Customers are informed that they are 50%, 70% 90% of there allowences NOT rude or threatening just informative.

Ivan