cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm happy with PlusNet and also the new T&C

N/A

I'm happy with my dealings with PlusNet. Also the new T&C seem reasonable to me. Cheesy
25 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yey another happy customer thread!
N/A

Erm.. Congratulations?
daviez
Grafter

Same here.

Re the auto disconnect T&C change, I don't see what the issue is. When most modern TVs detect no signal/connection for "a while", they go into standby mode. Don't see why broadband should be any different.

If a customer is using their connection at the time, it won't disconnect. As soon as they use it again, it will reconnect. No issue really.

Unless someone is using ADSL to host a [unreliable] web site, or for remote access to a home PC. In which case, upgrade to a Premier account.
N/A

Devalued Product

The T&C will make PN more like BT, a company that takes away what you already have rather than giving you better value. Broadband is essentially a service that is always active taking away the inconveniences of the old dial up. If customers want to go back in time and accept these changes then they will see a more devalued product, BT started doing the same, they lost many customers.

Why should we have to accept less in this day and age when we are told of the technological advances, such a policy will only push customers back to PAYG - where PN will earn more, very crafty. Shockedops:

curiaregis
Pathfinder
Grafter

Yep, happy on all counts as well.

At the end of the day it is only an ISP not flippin' War And Peace.

With any luck when the ringleaders' of "The Disgruntled Ones" get the boot the other whiney sheep will either shut their traps or quietly leave as well.

Personally I'm waiting for the "My Train Was Late, Should I Sue Plus.net?" post to finally cap it all.

Cheesy
N/A

I'm happy with the changes too.

For true always on connection (which for me means I need remote access to my home PC) then the easiiest solution is the premier package with static IP and no idle timeout. I've just moved to premier as maintaining remote connection with a dynamic IP is a pain.

For plain old surfing email and the odd p2p I can't see a package that beats the plus package, thats why I came in the first place.
Pathfinder
Grafter

For plain old surfing email and the odd p2p I can't see a package that beats the plus package, thats why I came in the first place.

And at the end of the day that's the point. A great package with some useful extras thrown in as well - usenet, hosting, cgi and so on.
Metalguru
Grafter

The packages ain't bad ..........
But ........ answer me this please.
Are they getting better or worse ?
Pathfinder
Grafter

I have been with Plus.net over a year now and I have not noticed any detrimental effects from the various changes that have been employed. I have just had my free 2MB upgrade from 512K and it is great.

It is easy to get carried along with the many doom and gloom mongers on here. Just try and ignore them they should be gone soon.

Warning: Expect whingers to join this thread at any moment. They hate happy people.
N/A

Double selling

The packages are getting worse, what some people don't seem to understand is that you should not have to change what you contracted for to be able to get around idle out. If this change is allowed there will be many people unable to reconnect in future as PN are most certainly double selling connections. While 50% to 60% of people are idle out those empty connections will be used by new customers, when those extra customers join up it will indeed be harder for old customers to reconnect - the same happened to dial. Fact not fiction, otherwise your connection would be left on.
N/A

The packages ain't bad ..........
But ........ answer me this please.

Depends on your needs, if you are one of the penny pinchers who went with Broadband Plus because you thought you could have your cake and eat it, then you will see all the changes as worse.

If you went with premier and wanted fast speeds, reliable service and you download between 50gb-100gb per month then the packages are perfect.

Bt Yahoo charge £24.99 for upto 2mb, the cap is 15gb, you get no extra features apart from email and a personalised browser homepage, no 24hour support and so on.

Compare plusnet packages with other isps and you will find that even with their recent changes, they are still very good.
Pathfinder
Grafter

Re: Double selling

PN are most certainly double selling connections. While 50% to 60% of people are idle out those empty connections will be used by new customers, when those extra customers join up it will indeed be harder for old customers to reconnect

You have absolutely no supporting evidence for this statement. It is just doom merchant hypothesis.

If you do not like it then leave.
N/A

T&C

I'm the first to support PN for quality and also the first to say that an agreement between consumer and service provider should be honoured. PN are fundamentally changing the concept of broadband this should of course be a worry. Contract law states that we should all be of equal bargaining power, that means not unilaterally changing contracts. Broadband by this change will be devalued as a service, because it did not have idle out before. I earn money from referrals I have to think about my customers as well. As for evidence look at what happened with dial up when too many people tried to connect at the same time, look at the other forums issues where people say the same. I know many people that love PN and will not move just like me. If PN were upfront and said that they are having trouble, and they explained honestly what that trouble was then I and others would do our best to help PN overcome their problems, as I and others are trying to do, but PN just say to people if you don't like it, leave.
madmalc
Grafter

I like plusnet but!!

I am removing all my posts