cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going to abuse my down 247 unless plusnet offer freemigr

N/A

Right i'm going to constantly download from ftp servers 247 (it works at 60k/s) and of course at full speed at nights forever. Hope the servers like it ill make sure from now on im the number 1 downloader on my product! I know this is going to abuse plusnets servers so i hope this will eventually allow me to be offered a free migration or ill just abuse and abuse to the max till im allowed, sorry. If that doesn't work my direct debit will be CANCELLED and i will refuse to pay anything I WANT TO MOVE!

What do you guys think? Sorry for the harsh way out of it but im sure this is against the TOC anyway? I hope someone from CS can answer this im not such an abuser but i WANT OUT

The below email has really annoyed me to the limit grrr GOOD FUCKING BYE or welcome serious abuse if your gonna accept that i know its gonna cost you more to keep me so if thats the way you wanna play fine with me if im offered a migration the downloading abuse will of course stop. (there is no chance in the world im paying a penny to leave you, i never agreed to the new TOCs or was sent a letter asking if i wanted too...)

Your username: buttheaduk

Dear Mr William Greenwood,

Your peak-time usage for this billing month has now exceeded your 15GB
allowance.

The highest level of restrictions will now apply to your connection.
Large
file downloads, through Usenet, peer-to-peer, and other file sharing
applications will be blocked until the end of the current billing
month.
Don't worry, you'll still get broadband speeds for most activities such
as
browsing, emails, and gaming.
27 REPLIES
mjtuohy
Grafter

I would have thought that somewhere in the things +net can do. Is to slow you down to a snails pace if the system is abused as you appear to be about to do. Don't do it ,if you are p****d get a mac and leave, its not difficult ,In fact they give out MACS like candy. No questions asked.
N/A

If i ask for my mac will i be asked to pay me contract leaving fee or extra fee im suppose to pay if i leave within 5 years (i moved house?)

cheers. Also wouldnt them doing that defintely be against the TOC and my way out?

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

No one can tell you how much you would definately have to pay, best off raising a ticket to find out. It will probably be a lot less than you think, in some cases there wont be a fee at all.
N/A

My point is im paying nothing because i shouldn't have to pay anything!
mjtuohy
Grafter

I'm afraid that any outstanding fees would be owed ie defered activation or you stay we pay, but if you are desperate to go mayby it would be worth it. Me I have just got my brood to d/l at the off peak times 00.00 till 16.00 which I think is no problem as I am a shift worker but if you have a normal job with normall hours it's not so rosy.
N/A

I want the ability to download when i want how i want. Obvisually plusnet dont have to offer me to migrate for free but im sure as hell gonna make it so they are only losing money off me, should be enough temptation for them. Tiscali at least do it Smiley
N/A

I think you would be hard pressed to find a more flexable ISP over PN. If you delve into the T&Cs and Usage Policies of other ISPs you might find its not as it seems.

See here: Tiscali

If I am not mistaken all the ISPs are now using a deferred payment agreement so you wont escape that either. There are many reasons why PN is not the best ISP but I dont think their usage policy or contracts are their weakest area.

There are many ways to avoid the limitations set by pretty much all the major ISPs. Either by paying more, moving to a business line or using the internet for heavy usage in off-peak hours.
N/A

Freedom2Surf looks good to me. 50gb download limit should cover it, 800kbps upload on easynet LLU. Then there are a lot of isps without a cap, 15gb is fucking ridiculous its only been 10 days since i changed billing month
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Freedom2Surf looks good to me. 50gb download limit should cover it, 800kbps upload on easynet LLU.

You need to check very carefully. F2S offer 50GB BUT that is for usage between 6am and midnight, AFAIR.

So, on PlusNet I'm limited to 30GB between 4pm and midnight (10GB at full speed), and unlimited from midnight to 4pm.

I know which seems a better package to me, and it's not F2S - but we each have different requirments, and an ISP with a cap for 18 hours of the day may suit you better! For me, 16 hours unrestricted makes more sense.

The problem is, far too many people only look at the healine claims, not the detail.

Regards, Neil
N/A

I'm paying £26/pm for a 15gb cap and it is unrestricted between 12-7 that is only 7hours for me!!!
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Where do you get the info that you're unrestricted between 12 and 7 only (I presume that's midnight and 7am?). I thought peaktime was the same for all Plusnet accounts now - I may be wrong?

Incidentally, I checked F2S, and it's only 1am - 6am that is unrestricted!!!

My account (Premier Option 1) is only peak 4pm to midnight, so that's 16 hours that is not counted towards my usage.

Regards, Neil
N/A

My account (Premier Option 1) is only peak 4pm to midnight, so that's 16 hours that is not counted towards my usage.

So why am i getting a worse service than you? How much are you paying?
N/A

As far as I am aware all packages that have a GB usage allowance use the 4pm-Midnight peak-time, all other hours being off-peak.

Like I said alot of people think that PN is very bad but when you look at the other ISPs they are sometimes even worse, least PN is open about the usage and its not all hidden in tiny little lettering heh.

If you need more usage for peak times it might be worthwhile looking for a package upgrade. Also you might want to check if your exchange has a Tiscali LLU, if so you could get the 800kbps upload speeds with Plusnet. The only other way to get these speeds is moving to a Business line or changing ISP.

Like I said earlier though, ask them how much it would cost to leave and weight up your options. If its cheaper and easier to leave then do that, if its cheaper and easier to just upgrade your package - you might want to consider that.

By using as much bandwidth as possible wont make PN angry or upset it will just make the community upset as its us that are effected by it -not- Plusnet.
N/A

Ditto for my Premier Option 2 account. I don't recall any accounts that have a 12-7 off peak period.