cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting confused

N/A

I'm getting confused

I have been affected by the recent throttling of usenet traffic from third-party newsgroup providers during peak times(for more details see earlier thread), anyway I thought I would ask Plus Net nicely if I could migrate from them without having to pay up the remainder of my annual contract....slim chance I know but I was polite in my request and based it on the fact that the service I have now on my Premier account is not the same service that I initially received. You will not be suprised to know that this was turned down. Fair enough, I didn't think they would but what annoys me is the reply to my ticket which says:

Dear Mr xxxx
I am unsure what "recent changes" you are reffering to. Broadband
Premier accoutns are not subject to traffic shaping, or bandwidth throttling
as you suggest, only Plus accounts are managed in this way.
If you are having problems accessing your Usenet service, i would
suggest you speak to then in the first instance, and if they are unable to
help we will endeavour to do our best to help you.

...if only that was true....obviously there are people in customer services who are just as confused about the whole traffic shaping situation as some of the users.

Oh well...
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: I'm getting confused

...if only that was true....obviously there are people in customer services who are just as confused about the whole traffic shaping situation as some of the users.

Oh well...

Seems that way doesn't it :?
I just wish they could all sing from the same hymn sheet and then there would be a lot less customer confussion Cry
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I'm getting confused

Unfortunately the agent involved was not aware of the shaping on Premier. This has now been addressed and should not happen again.
N/A

I'm getting confused

I have had an apology from Customer Services so that's all good then :-)

Internal communication could be a bit better....just a suggestion :roll:
N/A

I'm getting confused

hmmm.

personally I think paying for a "premier" account should get you just that.

a premier account. it rather seems however that this is not the case
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I'm getting confused

personally I think paying for a "premier" account should get you just that.

It's our Premier account, i.e. the best account that we supply. For the vast majority of our Premier customers it does exactly what they want it to.
N/A

I'm getting confused

Cheesy

I'm generally pretty happy with my service, except the traffic shaping aspect

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceeding post removed as it is unnecessary]
N/A

I'm getting confused

All i can say is dont exspect external usenet speeds to get any better..

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34575

thxs
N/A

I'm getting confused

Unfortunately the agent involved was not aware of the shaping on Premier. This has now been addressed and should not happen again.

Again this service was not sold as a traffic shaped service. Why should we accept it now? I do not care if you sold something which you cant provide. That is your problem not mine.

I thinks its time you started being more honest with you present and future customers and compensate or release those who do not now agree with what you provide.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I'm getting confused

This has alrady been answered in several threads.