Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm embarassed, F9 have let me down

Frogger
Grafter

F9 service Status page states...
If we’re not meeting our target times, we’ll be working hard to make improvements.

How hard are they trying? it's getting progressively poorer.

Question handling statistics

Average closure time
1 day, 3 hours, 12 minutes and 34 seconds

Target closure time
4 hours

Last updated: August 9, 2006, 8:23 am

This is really disappointing as I have in the past recommended F9 to professional IT associates. F9 having recently deleted 700GByte of email, and distributed personal info stored about their customers to thousands are now nothing but an embarrassment to the IT fraternity. Is it going to get better or do I have to jump ship like the people I have recommended the service to?

I genuinely wish to stay, but if F9 are going to fold, then I would like to be out before it happens. A comment from Force9 management would help to reassure me.

Cry Colin Cry
8 REPLIES
N/A

Hear, hear!

I too have recommended F9 to friends and professionals. As I said in another posting, I take it very personally when people I recommend phone me and take me to task about F9's latest faux pas.
N/A

I have recently (within the last month) referred 2 clients to F9.
The first one they took 21 x £47.00 connection fees and then cancelled his direct debit for £21.99 when he complained and put his account as a dial up. I then had to inform them that they had not got his details as an ADSL customer so it took another 4 weeks to get him connected.

The second one has been waiting since August 1st for a response, they have got both the Initial charge and the fee of £21.99. The order tracker has been going backwards and forwards since stating that we do not know if the line is connected as of the 11th August and if it is not connected within 24 hours go to our help assistant. This has been done with still no response.

Now if you look at the Question handling statistics they read as

Average closure time
1 day, 5 hours, 42 minutes and 6 seconds
Target closure time
4 hours
Last updated: August 15, 2006, 7:55 am

The average closure time has now gone up 2.5 Hours and I wonder if
Alistair Wyse,
Technical Director

knows this as his report of 9th June states

This post represents the launch of a significant internal project to overhaul the customer facing aspects of our business. It will address the problems that have been clearly presented to us through customer feedback and by the experienced members of our team. It's now time for us to get back to the principles that made us successful. The most important aspect of this, for us, is to restore a full focus across the business on customer satisfaction. Over the coming weeks we will be implementing many measures, some visible and others not, that we believe will address the areas we know some of our customers are concerned about most.

Nice words Force9, but what does it mean for me?

Our customers are our lifeblood, and without support and recommendation from our customer base, we will never achieve the long term objectives we have set for ourselves. Whilst we don't have control over what happens in the industry, we do have control over the experience our customers receive. By applying the principles we have proven to work in the past, but have neglected in recent times, we can make big differences quickly.

Come on Alistair I think it is time now to get your finger out and put into practice what you are preaching, apply the principles that have proven to work in the past, but have neglected in recent times, and make big differences quickly.

Jack
N/A

Nice words Force9, but what does it mean for me?

For me it means 49 hours (so far) with my ticket not being looked at :x

Mark
N/A

Just a pointer do the hours mean working hours, 8 hour working day or exact hours. Depending on the discussion it could mean just over 6 days or just over 2 days which can make statistics look good or bad.
carpangler
Grafter

I know it may be no comfort, but a couple of mates moved to TalkTalk recently. They say the connection is reliable, but getting hold of customer service at TalkTalk is worse than F9!. They have had questions open for over a month with no acknowledgemnt. So there are other ISP's with CS problems, and I guess this isn't the tip of the iceberg.

What it does show is that the whole ISP industry has issues, as the industry is growing and changing so fast, that it's hard to keep things going smooth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending, or critising, F9. if anything it's the whole ISP industry. As some of my mates say, 'It stinks and they just take the money and run'. How true. thats for you to decide. As I work in IT (over 20 years, god that's a long time!), I understand the issues at F9 and I've thought about moving, but at the mo, for the money they are no worse than other ISP's.
N/A

Just a pointer do the hours mean working hours, 8 hour working day or exact hours. Depending on the discussion it could mean just over 6 days or just over 2 days which can make statistics look good or bad.

F9 advertise 24/7 support, therefore surely that must mean exact hours as there will be 3x 8 hour shifts (at least) per day. If (as my last ISP) the support desk is only open 8am- 5pm, then I would assume that to be office hours.

Mark
carpangler
Grafter

As F9 support is adertised as 24/7 (I think - It used to be), then it should be in elapsed hours not 9-5 working days. IMO, a call logged at 4pm and cleared at 4pm the next day is 24 hours.

The mail (today) about the infrustucture investment was interesting, but I don't recall seeing anything about staff investment, unless I read it wrong. Surely they need to invest in staff also, as hardware alone will not solve the current problems.

Who was yout last ISP and what was contact like with/from them. I must say I've not had to contact CS for over 6 months, and I guess I would be frustrated with the current situation if I had a problem that I could not solve myself. This was the reason why a few mates moved to TalkTalk, just to find the exact same problem.
N/A

The mail (today) about the infrustucture investment was interesting, but I don't recall seeing anything about staff investment, unless I read it wrong. Surely they need to invest in staff also, as hardware alone will not solve the current problems.

I have already mentioned this point in the Network Spending and Development plans from Mand Becket and also I have mentioned in another forum a quote made early June from Alistair Wyse

Over the coming weeks we will be implementing many measures, some visible and others not, that we believe will address the areas we know some of our customers are concerned about most.

And in the same report

Our customers are our lifeblood, and without support and recommendation from our customer base, we will never achieve the long term objectives we have set for ourselves. Whilst we don't have control over what happens in the industry, we do have control over the experience our customers receive. By applying the principles we have proven to work in the past, but have neglected in recent times, we can make big differences quickly.

Again come on Alistair I think it is time now to get your finger out and put into practice what you are preaching, apply the principles that have proven to work in the past, but have neglected in recent times, and make big differences quickly.