cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm confused... please help.

N/A

Hi, I've been with Plsunet for some time now. I signed up for 1MB package which costs £34.99.

I also remember looking around the site, and checking My Usage page, but back then it was empty... didn't say how much I've used...

Now I see it does. And I've noticed that prices are down for 1mb package? or something...

has something changed? is there a limit to how much you can download an duppload now? Or is my account unlitimed bandwich?

sorry. just very confused.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Me too

Sorry, I am unable to find out, now, what my current contract does allow me to do. It "appears" to be unlimited download; but, you Know, nudge nudge - wink wink, keep the cUSTOMERS without comparison and they'll never know what they've got - or could Have.

good service -
bad debiting -
useless account comparisons
Community Veteran

None of the old ADSL products have change in both price and features. They are also all unlimited bandwidth and this includes your product as well.

A new set of products were released by PlusNet on 1st june 2004 which included a range of options as shown on the products page. This also introduced the usage limited options at a much lower starting price and the premier product which was the unlimited usage product.

You were not automatically switched to the new products because they were based on a new costing method from BT called Capacity based charging (CBC). I fyou want to switch to them you have to pay the necessary admin fee of £14.99 or £24.99 depening on the contract length your are currently on and what contract length you choose. Details of this can be found in ADSL Upgrade Guide.
N/A

no thank you I'll stick with my old package Smiley

Thank you for your replies though... Smiley
Community Veteran

So am I correct in saying your happy to continue to pay £34.99/month?

You do know you could be paying £29.99 for exactly the same product (+ having anti-virus & anti-spam filtering included) on the new 1Mb broadband home premier. This would cost you £14.99 to switch so it would pay for itself in 3 months.
N/A

nah I'll stick with the 34.99...

why's the other one cheaper?
Community Veteran

As I explained, it's on a new costing method from BT (CBC) which allows the ISP to adjust the price and PlusNet have costed things so they can offer the same package cheaper, but only if you request to move to it.
N/A

it's ok I'll stay with the current one.
N/A

Upgrade

Might be worth considering an upgrade to a 2Mb and unlimited download + antivirus etc..
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

We have recently dropped the price of our original 1Mb Home account down to £29.99 (or £30.99 if you are paying fdr the £1 domain) - so october5, you will see a lower price on your next invoice and atbs1, you have already been charged at the lower price.

Regards,
N/A

Monthly charge

Hi Josh - many thanks for the response both here and to my ticket.