cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm almost free...

N/A

I'm almost free...

It's a strange feeling, I'm almost free from Plusnet!

Just requested my MAC and added my credit card details to my account -so it's for definite.

I'm not sure of the exact reason for leaving Plusnet but I think it's the disengenous comments (perhaps lies and downright nonsese) from their staff about why/how we have such bad service.

All in I've referred over 10 people to PN in 18 months or so and I've moved 3 of them away out of embarassment on my part and the ones that are left I'd say 2-3 will leave soon and the rest don't care. I think PN have all their sums done and they don't give a fuck about people leaving as long as it's just the few that post here that know better ie Plusnet supply an expensive and poor product for many users.

So, overall I think PN are dire nowadays. Had some good help here from staff and Mods here and that's very much appreciated. As for the owners, I'm sure their business will sit well with BT's idea of making profits. Which at the end of the day, profits and shareholders is all PN is interested in. Like all businesses I suppose or they'd be out of business. If they could tell the truth then I'd stay but truth is not part of the game with Plusnet.

I'm moving to www.newnet.co.uk for those interested. A monthly contract which I'm happy about as I have no ties. I'd not go near any company now which ties you in and that's a good lesson for me.
4 REPLIES
N/A

I'm almost free...

Agreed, im embarrassed to have refered two friends to plusnet..
N/A

I'm almost free...

Same here. MAC code has been received and I'm looking around for an ISP who actually purchase enough bandwidth for their customers. I too am ashamed to have referred someone here, but that person will be leaving too when I do.

By the way, unlike some people, PlusNet didn't come and offer me a free month's worth of service to entice me to stay. Guess they're not bothered, but then we know that already by their pathetic levels of service.
N/A

I'm almost free...

...PlusNet didn't come and offer me a free month's worth of service to entice me to stay.

Nor did they offer me a free month after over four years of subscription. I guess it was because I exceeded the 13GB limit on a few occasions and download on average 50GB per month I am considered a 'heavy' user.

I can get more than 50GB a month unshaped, unmanaged, un-rate limited for the same price, £21-95 [well actually 5p less] elsewhere.
N/A

I'm almost free...

Well i got my MAC and a polite reply. I am now fully relaxed and have 2-3 weeks to sit back and choose from the best of the crop. And what a crop of quality out there! www.ispreview.co.uk/review/top10.php

It's quite a relief knowing I'm moving. It's strange that people are so slow to move from utilities and I'm pretty good with gas/electric if it's a good deal. And PN don't have a good deal anymore for me. I was on P2P this morning with 2300 seeds and I was getting 0.1kbs. All very tiring.

For the record I paid £67 to leave which isn't as bad as it seems because all the ISPs I'm looking at don't charge for migration so that's a saving. I mean no ill wind to any of PN's paid or volunteer staff because we all have to recognise they have to lump what their employer says. As for the big-wigs, they are just trying to wrap up a declining service with pretty ribbons.

Wish me well and thanks again for the help from James Bailey and his colleagues! Smiley