cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I like it! [Squirrel Webmail]

Community Veteran

The new Squirrel Mail webmail, that is.

Seems a lot faster than the old webmail, especially with the 'instant' delete button in addition to the usual 'tick box' method for moving stuff to Trash. And, if you accidentally put something in Trash, you can get it out again now.

Excellent.

Looking forward to seeing the Spam folder there in a few days, which should decrease the deletions considerably. Presumably that will work the same as the Trash folder, complete with 'purge' option.

[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chilllypenguin): Title edited to be more descriptive.]
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
27 REPLIES
ste
Grafter

Ha.. I just posted this too. I agree.
lingbob
Grafter

Yep, I like it too - much better than @Mail and much faster Cheesy
oliverb
Grafter

FWIW I'm seeing an empty mailbox when I should be seeing about 25 emails as I normally use IMAP.
Community Veteran

FWIW I'm seeing an empty mailbox when I should be seeing about 25 emails as I normally use IMAP.

On any particular mailbox on your account or just the default?
N/A

Has anyone had problems with their Address book?

All the contacts have disappeared from my webmail account. They were there on Friday and this morning (using the new interface) they have vanished.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks

Patrick
Laugh
Grafter

@patmartin008 That would be because the hackers have run off with them all! Wink

But an excellent product! Whizzy little blighter! Cool
oliverb
Grafter

On any particular mailbox on your account or just the default?

Actually I figured it out, after a huge mail snafu last year I had replaced my mailbox with a redirect to a mailbox with a more obscure name. I've found out that I'd accidentally logged into the old "phantom" mailbox, which was of course empty.

FWIW it's probably a good thing if deleted mailboxes do persist for a while as it makes it possible to delete a box without risking losing any messages it caught prior to deletion, but the system could probably do with a garbage collection task.
Liam
Grafter

I quite like SqurrelMail too. Especially since I worked out I could change the default font away from Times Now Roman. :-)
N/A

Just did my first test of squirrelmail and had a look at what arrived. Quite a clean interface as others said.
One thing I very much don't like to see is it is embedding our actual plusnet logon into the email header so that anyone receiving it then knows that. It also puts in our IP (though I think the older one did that, though less obviously). I mostly use the webmail to send emails using a domain as an identity, but this now means anyone I send work or domain related email to, using the webmail, will then obtain our plusnet logon.

Anyone can then use that to obtain our personal plusnet domain address, our personal website address, our personal plusnet email address etc. All the things we've been discussing this last while related to usernames. Can't this be stopped and just some plusnet unique id used or whatever if you need paper trails? And maybe mung our personal IP? I'm not trying to hide the fact it's me sending an email or anything, I'm quite happy for plusnet internally to uniquely identify me as the sender in case I was a bad boy, but I don't like seeing my username in there - for all the reasons we've been discussing the last week!
pipdibble
Dabbler

Re: Has anyone had problems with their Address book?

All the contacts have disappeared from my webmail account. They were there on Friday and this morning (using the new interface) they have vanished.

I've used the new web interface today for the first time (found Mozilla Thunderbird during the outage, which I thank Plus.net for) and found that none of my old addressbook contacts are there. I would like them back as I don't have a hardcopy.
lingbob
Grafter

Just did my first test of squirrelmail and had a look at what arrived. Quite a clean interface as others said.
One thing I very much don't like to see is it is embedding our actual plusnet logon into the email header so that anyone receiving it then knows that.

I presume you mean this: (SquirrelMail authenticated user xxxxxxx).
thehatman
Grafter

I think the new webmail interface is too simple and ugly. It looks unfinished. Is it?

I know you can customise the inside a bit. But could PN make the logon page better looking?
lingbob
Grafter

WebMail doesn't appear to be responding right now :shock: :shock:
Laugh
Grafter

Normal service resumed then Wink

Yep! It's not talking to me either although some may say that it's being sensible ! Cry