Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a critism

N/A

I have a critism

:!:

Hi there,

I'm not a one to moan but I thought I would bring this to PN attention and maybe get some feedback from others.

I have submitted tickets in the past (last one yesterday) - and for example I may ask 2 questions. BUT sometimes the 'agent' answering simply doesn't read what has been asked. You'll sometimes get a quick short sharp answer more often than not - and all your questions haven't all been answered.

It's all very well having a ticket system like this and speedy replies - but if the quality isn't there; there's no point in it at all!

I'm sure your agents get 100's of tickets and I'm sure they possibly get fed up with the same questions.. but we as end users do notice service quality.

In my job, I see the same thing over and over again - but I still smile in front of the customer.

As I say, I'm not a one for moaning in any forum - BUT after being with Pipex (who I'm still trying to get away from see other thread), Where customer service was extremely poor - Customer service to me, is indeed very, very important.

Yes of course I could phone - but it's not always convenient - For me, the ticket system is ideal. I can leave a ticket in the morning, get home from work and have an answer. However when I get a 1 or 2 liner that hasn't even answered all my questions it's frustrating. Why should we have to ammend a ticket saying "please re-read my last update"?

That's me done.. :?

Glen
27 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

I have a critism

Hi Glen,

We have had a lot of feedback on this area and the fact that tickets are not always read fully before an agent responds is something that we have highlighted as one of the major problems in the support center as our customer service has always been something that has strengthened our position as an ISP.

In the coming weeks the people who you see posting in here (Ian, Me and a couple of other people) are starting on a more focused, individual, approach to training and this is already on our agenda so will be addressed.

If you feel that you have had tickets answered extremely badly (and this applies to eveyone) then feel free to e-mail/PM the ticket reference to me and the mistakes will be taken on board.

Regards,
N/A

I have a critism

Well said Glen its eventually what made me quit its not that things go wrong they do everywhere its that they don't read the tickets and you spend days trying to get an anwser then it all escalates you start getiing angry and you end up where i did. :roll:
N/A

I have a critism

Over the last oooh 13/14yrs or thereabouts I've been with various ISP's in fact my first was Demon when they were the only service provider who had local points of presence available in fact they were almost the only ISP. They have all had ups and downs but what makes +Net unique in my experience is this forum. A place where, when things have just got too much for you, you can vent your feelings for other users to see.

Anybody who wants to know what real frustration is like should try to administer several hundred telephone accounts on OneBill with BT - I was a normal well balanced person until I had that experience! It tipped me over the edge :twisted:
N/A

I have a critism

Very vaild point however for the forum to be of any use it must effect change without that its just hot air ( so far as complaints go). Wink
csogilvie
Grafter

I have a critism

Odd... most issues raised in the forum usually get resolved, and Ian and Josh (and a few others who look after the forum) are taking charge of CS training from Monday so know exactly what issues need raised.
N/A

I have a critism

Good, so we can look forward to changes that will ensure that posts are read which seems to be the most common cause of complaint and the main factor in creation of frustration if you look across the forum (apart from moderators who try and stiffle debate) Wink .
csogilvie
Grafter

I have a critism

Unfortunately, I've had the problems of tickets not being read before so I agree with you on that... you will find if you stick to the rules, the moderators won't do anything and depending on the situation may even agree (like with questions not being read)
N/A

I have a critism

It wasn't a criticism it was meant tongue in cheek. Cheesy
N/A

I have a critism

Ah. Your earlier offensive comments about posters who make helpful contributions made it hard to detect your tongue-in-cheekness.
N/A

I have a critism

Oh its you again old sweetness and light what was it you said about achedemics and journalists ? and what does using for real mean!!! Evil
N/A

I have a critism

peterthomas,

You clearly have nothing constructive to contribute to these forums and its obvious that you have no time for Plus Net.

Why bother visiting or posting for that matter.

You obviously enjoy having a go at people.

Perhaps you could introduce yourself to the forums of your new ISP, I'm sure they will enjoy you as much as we have.

Regards

Mark
N/A

I have a critism

I think this has gone quite far enough now thankyou.

Take it in private, unless you have somthing constructive to say on the original topic.
N/A

I have a critism

People - This is getting off the topic in question.

Please ;-) :lol:
N/A

I have a critism

Back to the topic in hand, I have some sympathy for +net with regard to poor responses to tickets. For an ISP, it's a difficult situation.

As a company, they want to make sure their staff aren't slacking, and they want to keep response times to tickets within a reasonable time frame. So there's pressure on the staff to answer support tickets. The staff, feeling pressured, try and answer as many support tickets as they can, thus leading to a reduced quality of reply.

Do +net set quotas for their support staff to meet? Are there performance incentives? Both bad ideas in my book. Do they have a dedicated team to deal with problems raised via email or the portal? That's a solution that seems to work quite well. Just some thoughts.