cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't understand the FAQ on MaxDSL

N/A

From the MaxDSL FAQ

When will I be upgraded to MAX DSL (Sequence in which regrades are placed etc)?

Tricky question. We'll be upgrading the customers on 4 & 8 Mbps products first, and we have already placed approximately 5,000 regrade orders with BT to cover those customers. Once those have been done, we will then be placing regrade orders on customers dependant on how long they have been customers with us - oldest first.

We are currently only able to place 700 regrade orders on a daily basis, and we are awaiting the release of BT's bulk regrade tool, which should be ready by the end of the month. Until we know how many regrade orders we will be able to place using this, we will be unable to commit to timescales regarding upgrades for everyone.

Ok i understand this fine enough, I don't understand why my friend who is on BBplus less than a year 2mb is being upgraded before me BBpremier 2mb nearly 2 years?

Someone make me understand please......
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Clearly we have to take on good faith the information by the OP is factually correct.

If it is it means the information provided by PN on the upgrade plan is just not happening as they state/advertise.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We've been discussing the best ways in which to get the orders into BT's systems with BT Wholesale for quite a while now. We've been able to increase the number of orders to about 1000 per day.

All the customers on the the old up to 4 and 8Mbps accounts should now have modify orders placed and should be regraded end of this week/beginning of next.

We've started submitting orders for customers on the old up to 2Mbps accounts now. These are being processed on a customer's billing date. Should there be more customers billed on a particular date than we can submit orders for then we will select the customers based on how long they've been a customer.
N/A

Ok cool i can relate to that, my friends is 15th mine is 23rd.
Some info i can relate to at last.
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

We've started submitting orders for customers on the old up to 2Mbps accounts now. These are being processed on a customer's billing date. Should there be more customers billed on a particular date than we can submit orders for then we will select the customers based on how long they've been a customer.

Hi Dave,

Does this mean that people who were billed in the last couple of days, and have been moved onto the new products already, will now have to wait until well into May before they stand any chance of being re-graded, even if they have been with PlusNet for 6 years?

This just sounds different to what was being said a few days ago i.e. that re-grading would be entirely based upon date of joining, and the ensuing long debate about whether that date related to first joining, or taking up an ADSL product Wink

Regards, Neil
Community Veteran

This just sounds different to what was being said a few days ago i.e. that re-grading would be entirely based upon date of joining, and the ensuing long debate about whether that date related to first joining, or taking up an ADSL product Wink

Yes, it is different to what has been stated.

This is just exasperating now. I really hope Mr Armstrong is still reading the forums.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

The way I understand it is that it's working as follows.

If you were on an up to 4 or 8Mbps account the order is in system.

If you were on an up to 2Mbps account then starting either yesterday or today (I'm not personally sure when the first orders went in) we are creating a batch of orders based on customers whose billing date is that day.

So today we created a batch of orders for all customers whose billing dates are the 11th April (or monthly anniversary).

As there was likely more than 1,000 customers billed today and we are only allowed to submit 1,000 orders per day we chose the 1,000 longest standing customers from that batch and submitted orders for them. Orders for the other customers will be submitted on 11th May (assuming there are 1,000 or less left to do whose billing date is 11th).

This process will run everyday until all regrades are complete. So if you are billed on say 6th April if you are in the longest standing 1,000 for that day it'll go in on 6th May.
N/A

Dave, not having a dig at you personally, but wouldn't it be a good idea for PN for once to come with a plan, confirm it internally, then let us know AND THEN STICK TO ITHuh
N/A

dtomlinson

Dave, I am sorry but I don't see this as correct based on my lack of evidence of any order placed on my account.

I have been with PN since Feb 2002, I was on a PAYG up to 4Mb product until 31/3/06, I converted to Premier Option 1 on 1st April 06.

I am not aware of any submitted regrade order. Could you please confirm what is going on?
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Dave, not having a dig at you personally, but wouldn't it be a good idea for PN for once to come with a plan, confirm it internally, then let us know AND THEN STICK TO ITHuh

Exactly my thoughts. It's this ever-changing expectation setting that is causing much of the bad feeling. Many people might not be that bothered about exactly when they are upgraded, but to have one's expectations set for a particular order, and then have them dashed creates problems with customers who might otherwise not have been bothered.

I'm not blaming the messenger, but I am more critical of your communications management team. I've been in Technical Marketing for longer than I'm prepared to admit Wink, and this is getting - quite frankly shambolic - clear messages that are fully understood by all is the immensely difficult challenge for people marketing high tech products, and PlusNet do seem to be struggling with this clarity and consistency right now Cry
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

The PAYG account wasn't included included with the 4 and 8Mbps customers and neither was Premier Option 1. These accounts will be included in the upgrade schedule alongside customers on the old Premier up to 2Mbps accounts.
N/A

Neil, its not just complex techincal issues they're struggling with - strip out the maxdsl bits and all PN are trying to say is what order <something - what is irrelevant> will happen in.
N/A

kjaerligkatt

I could not agree more wholeheartedly.

p.s Yes, 30 years marketing high tech scientific instruments worldwide.
jagger
Grafter

Give kjaerligkatt a job immediately (on high pay of course)
N/A

Yep, PN could do alot worse than shanghi Neil.... I might even consider staying...
(Which will make certain PN wouldn't be interested- nothing like the threat of me staying around to drive people away Wink )